Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
BACbKA
мокрец
BACbKA began at the beginning.

Device: palm, iliad
moshkow2tex

I've got a framework set up to translate e-text from the Moshkow library (lib.ru) to latex, which can then easily be rendered into nice-looking PDF. It's a bit messy, and requires some manual interaction in some of the modes; I typically spend around 15 minutes per book before it gets really nice on an iliad screen (nothing iliad-specific inside). If anyone is interested, please speak up and I'll release the perl script and the associated makefiles.

This is pretty much "alpha" quality, but it works for me and I am happy enough.
BACbKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #2
serge
Enthusiast
serge has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex iLiad
I am interested. Please post the scripts. Do you have the books you have already formatted accessible on the Net somewhere? Have you done anything about cyrillic fonts on iliad, especially in web browsers?
serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 AM   #3
BACbKA
мокрец
BACbKA began at the beginning.

Device: palm, iliad
Sorry, I haven't been around since my iliad charger was stolen along with the checked-in baggage suitcase containing it on an overseas trip!

The script is over at http://www.tarunz.org/~vassilii/pub/perl/moshkow2tex -- in case you're still interested

I never had my iliad jailbroken, so I only used the script to convert the Russian books to PDF!
BACbKA is offline   Reply With Quote