Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Go! Launcher

Has anyone else done this?

My NC is dual boot with the n2a card. I downloaded Getjar and then downloaded the Go! Launcher. I like it much better than the ADW launcher. Just wondering if anyone else is playing around with it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Go! Launcher is all that I've used on my NT since receiving it at Christmas. My wife has tried a couple of different ones on hers, including ADW but I don't feel any of them are quite as nice or as polished as Go!

I'm sure others that have been using other launchers feel the same though. I think it's all in what you get used to.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
Carriebear
Polar Bear
Carriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook Color (rooted), iPod Touch (jailbroken)
Oddly enough I was just playing around with different launchers for my phone and Nook last night. I love Go Launcher for its customization options and for the widgets; however I've found that it's a tremendous resource hog. So I've gone back to ADW EX, which, while not as customizable and hasn't been updated since last year, is clean and simple, perfect for me
Carriebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
I have Go Launcher installed (it's what I use as my primary launcher on my phone). But I find it's way too greedy and slows the nook down too much. I use Lightning Launcher and have it set up like a Zune launcher with no icons, just big text for commonly used items. It looks clean and gets the job done.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriebear View Post
Oddly enough I was just playing around with different launchers for my phone and Nook last night. I love Go Launcher for its customization options and for the widgets; however I've found that it's a tremendous resource hog. So I've gone back to ADW EX, which, while not as customizable and hasn't been updated since last year, is clean and simple, perfect for me
Well I think your opinion is a good one! I had the NC charged. The next day it was dead! Charged it again, and the thing kept freezing up! I had to restart it about 50 times before I could finally get to the right place to delete GoLauncher. (I deleted some other things also, but I feel certain GoLauncher is the one that caused all the problems). Finally after all that, the NC is working fine again. I'll just stay with ADW.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert