Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
Keeping multiple books open at the same time.

I am running Win7 so I don't care about any Mac options but does anyone have a solution which is short of using multiple VPC's each with it's own install of K4PC or running several different reading applications? Assume non-DRM content.

Because of this being professional research flipping between copies inside K4PC is just not a reasonable solution as too much info needs to be read at the same time. The delay between opening and closing books constantly is very destructive to productivity.

So, maybe someone here has stumbled across a solution? I was under the mistaken assumption that K4PC was, by now, a mature product as a serious reading and research tool. It's nice for recreational reading but not close for research far as I can figure out from a few days of frustration. Maybe I missed something?
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Nope. You can't run multiple copies, I'm afraid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
Oh, darn. Thank you for the info. Looks like several virtual boxes. Not an impossible solution but far from integrated.
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
For research, there's still nothing better than being surrounded by open books that you can flip back and forth through easily. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Quote:
I was under the mistaken assumption that K4PC was, by now, a mature product as a serious reading and research tool.
I wasn't aware of anyone touting K4PC as a serious, mature research tool.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote