Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

hm... coincidence ??

yes !!!!
It has begun: A Fly's Foot-fall

A tingle of whiskers. The pricking of ears. Somewhere, in the deep heart of Paris, a song was sung.
Zelda the cat jumped from her iron balcony-perch overlooking the street to find a song, the song that marked the tempo of this beating heart of a night....
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post

A tingle of whiskers. The pricking of ears. Somewhere, in the deep heart of Paris, a song was sung.
Zelda the cat jumped from her iron balcony-perch overlooking the street to find a song, the song that marked the tempo of this beating heart of a night....
yay !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

such descriptive narrative - i'm looking forward to this one ...

a tingle of whiskers .... yehhhaeheheee
the prickling of ears ......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #19
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
such descriptive narrative - i'm looking forward to this one ...

a tingle of whiskers .... yehhhaeheheee
the prickling of ears ......
It's Zelda the cat, she can't be anything other than descriptive. And here's a weird thing, the pictures Zelda_the_Non-Cat posted the other day of her cats, the second one is exactly how I pictured the Zelda in the stories I love it when a plan comes together (In Hannibal Smith voice from the A-Team)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
It's Zelda the cat, she can't be anything other than descriptive. And here's a weird thing, the pictures Zelda_the_Non-Cat posted the other day of her cats, the second one is exactly how I pictured the Zelda in the stories I love it when a plan comes together (In Hannibal Smith voice from the A-Team)
second picture, or second cat ? (either way, you know i'm thrilled to help out your muse moejoe would you believe me if i said i got that cat *just* because i knew one day she would be just the cat to inspire a series of stories ? no ? well, fair enough. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
We also have many of Rafael Sabatini's works here. Two of which are "Captain Blood" and "The adventures of Captain Blood." Great pirate books. He also had lots of pirate themes in many of his novels.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've just posted a nice illustrated version (in various formats) of the classic pirate story "Black Bartlemy's Treasure", by Jeffrey Farnol. Be warned, though - unlike "Treasure Island", etc, this one really is not a children's story and contains some pretty graphic scenes of violence.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
... and just to round things off, an ePub version of the illustrated edition of "Treasure Island" that I created a while ago.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
International Talk like a Pirate Day is a scam and if any of you fall for it, you'll be the worse off for it.

All it is is a day designed to sell a book. I've seen the website and it's a sham. SO don't fall for this or you'll be laughed at by thouse of us who are not falling for this sham/scam.
Ssshhh! I have convinced my boss it's a real holiday, and he lets us get away with wearing eyepatches and bandanas and answering the phone with "Arr, me hearties!"

Don't tell him it's a scam; he'll take away our fun!

Besides, it's a holy day to the priests of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:01 AM   #25
jeremy_ahn
Banned
jeremy_ahn began at the beginning.

Device: any
johnny depp talks like keith richards in that movie
jeremy_ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #26
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I saw your "National Talk like a Pirate" day, and I had to come out of hiding... I am a huge Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan (God help me--I'll accept your condolences)...so everyday is talk like a Pirate day for me.

...drink up me mateys yo ho!
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote