Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2007, 02:54 AM   #91
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I was browsing through an eReader store and there was a Bible pack for $20 (one of the reviews said it was good but that they wouldn't spend the money if they had to do it again). I can't find it again I want it because it takes tens and tens of books that offer background info, explanations, additional resources for The Bible - all linked. All of the books are PD but the linkage for me is worth the $20. Help me find it again? Thanks!
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #92
VikingDave
VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Has anyone found the KJV Bible that I posted useful? I ask because it seemed to do the trick for me, but I'd work on it some more if others had suggestions. Also, I'd be willing to do the same for other versions - if I was supplied the text and as long as I wouldn't be infringing any copyrights. Let me know. This forum has been a big help to me and any way I can give back, I will.
VikingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #93
kusumo
kusumo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingDave View Post
Has anyone found the KJV Bible that I posted useful? I ask because it seemed to do the trick for me, but I'd work on it some more if others had suggestions. Also, I'd be willing to do the same for other versions - if I was supplied the text and as long as I wouldn't be infringing any copyrights. Let me know. This forum has been a big help to me and any way I can give back, I will.
VikingDave, nice work. Kinda like it!
The only problem is, since i'm pretty new to bible, I need to remember that Proverbs is withing the Psalm & Songs of Solomons file...
So my personal opinion is that splitting file per each book is better idea.

I recently bought NIV in LIT format but I don't how to format it for the reader.. If only someone could help...
kusumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #94
VikingDave
VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.VikingDave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusumo View Post
VikingDave, nice work. Kinda like it!
The only problem is, since i'm pretty new to bible, I need to remember that Proverbs is withing the Psalm & Songs of Solomons file...
So my personal opinion is that splitting file per each book is better idea.
My thought in doing it this way was that it needed to be split for easier navigation, but splitting it into 66 books would be too unruly. I tried to segregate it so that the highest number of menu choices would be 10 so that it would fit nicely onto one TOC list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusumo View Post
I recently bought NIV in LIT format but I don't how to format it for the reader.. If only someone could help...
I would be willing to look at the NIV in lit format to see what could be done with it, but I just have some apprehension in doing anything with it because of the NIV copyright. I am not sure of the ethical or legal implications in just re-formatting something to make it easier to use.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:57 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
I was browsing through an eReader store and there was a Bible pack for $20 (one of the reviews said it was good but that they wouldn't spend the money if they had to do it again). I can't find it again I want it because it takes tens and tens of books that offer background info, explanations, additional resources for The Bible - all linked. All of the books are PD but the linkage for me is worth the $20. Help me find it again? Thanks!
An eReader store is no use to you if you have a Sony Reader. The Sony Reader will not read eReader files.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:25 PM   #96
diablo9
diablo9 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingDave View Post
My thought in doing it this way was that it needed to be split for easier navigation, but splitting it into 66 books would be too unruly. I tried to segregate it so that the highest number of menu choices would be 10 so that it would fit nicely onto one TOC list.

I would be willing to look at the NIV in lit format to see what could be done with it, but I just have some apprehension in doing anything with it because of the NIV copyright. I am not sure of the ethical or legal implications in just re-formatting something to make it easier to use.
Hi, VikingDave,
Just want let you know that I absolutely love your KJV BIBLE. I used to spend $1.99 on Connect Store to buy a KJV. But it was full of mis-spelling and missing spaces. "the" becomes "he". "the morning" becomes "themorning" Your version is much better than that commercial version!
When it comes to splitting books. I actually PREFER to have a one consolidated version with all 66 books in it. Now I have all 9 parts displayed in the book list. And because my 500 displays meta info instead of file names of lrf, they were all displayed "KJV Bible XXXXX XXXXX" and it doesn't start from Genesis but in alphabetic order. But I manually edited meta info and put 01, 02 in it. Now everything is fine and in order. That's why I still prefer one consolidated version.
Anyway, thank you very much for the KJV. I love it!
diablo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #97
KDawg
Junior Senior
KDawg has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: nookColor, nook, PRS-900, PRS-505, PRS-500, Kindle PW, Kindle Oasis
VikingDave,

I love your KJV as well. I too bought the Connect Store KJV and disliked the formatting.

I would like to have a World English Bible formatted like your KJV. A WEB has been posted here but I don't like the formatting - large fonts, large margins, and no footers showing the current Book. The WEB is Public Domain and available at ebible.org. It's a bit more Evangelical-leaning that the NIV, as I understand it, but I've come to prefer the WEB to the KJV.

Thanks for your efforts. I read your KJV every week. For those looking for some good supporting material I purchased Amy-Jill Levine's The Misunderstood Jew at the Connect Store and am enjoying it immensely. It's about understanding Jesus' message through the context of what it meant for him to be a Jew at his time. My uncle-in-law, a Catholic Priest (I'm sort of a Christian free agent/agnostic), put me onto Levine as a lecturer and she's an even better writer.
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #98
VikingDave

Thanks to you both. I've been away a little while but I'll take a look at what I can do on both accounts. I should be able to consolidate into one book - several have mentioned that as an option. I'll also take a look at the WEBible.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #99
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Can the Kindle read LRF files? My understanding is NO, but mine isn't here yet. If not, could some wondrous and kind soul convert this to a format the Kindle will like? Mobipocket preferably?

I see several versions of the KJV for Kindle, listed on Amazon. I guess one could preview them, to see if any are decently indexed and TOC'd, before actually paying money for them. But I have more faith in the quality produced by youz guyz here, than in Amazon!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #100
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Take a look at yet another approach to the problem:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ad.php?t=19870
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #101
carma54
carma54 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I downloaded the KJV from Gutenberg by Chapters. Sixty-six books, but it was worth it. It is reasonably easy to quickly jump to various passages using the Sony tools (holding down the page key jumps forward ten pages; also the book is divided into tenths by selecting numbers 1 through 0. Then I used Libr500 (I'm a mac user) to "tag" the books "Bible" so that they show up in collections as the Bible. Also, I named the books to automatically stay in order: 01-Genesis, 02-Exodus, etc.
carma54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #102
unejam
unejam began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
NAS Bible for Sony Reader on Ebay

Hello. Since I couldn't find the NAS for the Sony Reader, I decided to make my own by creating pdf files of every book. I formatted it so that there is one chapter per page for ease of navigation in the Reader.

I am a missionary and am selling these pdfs on Ebay to fund my mission.

Item #190274814426

Thanks.
unejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #103
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by unejam View Post
Hello. Since I couldn't find the NAS for the Sony Reader, I decided to make my own by creating pdf files of every book. I formatted it so that there is one chapter per page for ease of navigation in the Reader.

I am a missionary and am selling these pdfs on Ebay to fund my mission.

Item #190274814426

Thanks.
The NAS is still copyrighted. Do you have permission? I have posted a ASV New Testament here at MobileRead and planning to do an Old Testament as well.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:41 AM   #104
unejam
unejam began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The NAS is still copyrighted. Do you have permission? I have posted a ASV New Testament here at MobileRead and planning to do an Old Testament as well.

Dale
Thanks. I forgot to update this. I contacted the Lockman Foundation and found out that I can't do this, so I took the auction down.
unejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #105
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
Arivero, That's an awesome idea. One of the "once a day" daily Bible readings books or devotionals would be great on it! (If it's NIV/NKJV or another popular translation, anyway.) There is at least one a Bible out there organized for a daily reading which excerpts daily readings to do good coverage of the Bible in just a few minutes a day, and there are also full Bibles arranged into daily readings, e.g. with some reading from Ps, OT, NT for each day matching one of the reading plans. What a great thing that would be on the Reader's e-ink screen!
feedbooks has a daily Bible verse ebook...
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote