Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
taffeyb
taffeyb began at the beginning.

Device: book
nook in Canada

There's been some discussion about the nook in Canada. Right now...you cannot officially purchase a nook outside of the US per the BN website. What is interesting (okay...I'm a geek) is that page 33 of the "Nook User Guide" pdf from the site says that you can purchase a nook if you have a billing address in United States, US Territories, or Canada. So...if you want to "officially" own a nook, it implies that you can be patient...

I, however, was not patient and purchased one during my last foray into the US. Been extremely happy with it...
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
OTOH, B&N refuses to sell the device outside of the US -- I can't order it online through their webstore -- so I'm not sure I want to go through any more hoops to become a customer. One of the reasons Kindle has been so successful is efficiency of the store and that it sells books and devices internationally. The geo-rights restrictions notwithstanding -- which Amazon contractually enforces but has not created -- B&N has a much tougher job as a long-term business if it limits itself indefinitely to the US market.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert