Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
A question for users of MS Word

Does anyone know know to get rid of those dammed annoying "helpful" popups that clutter the page in Word after you do simple things like cut and paste operations? Sometimes they're right over top of information that you need to access to continue editing. And for what? I always select the paste option I want BEFORE pasting. I don't need a drop-down menu on options I could have chosen after the fact.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	That Dammed Annoying Office Popup 2.PNG
Views:	199
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	116930  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-19-2013 at 10:50 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I'm sorry, I don't use MS Word. If you will accept my advice anyway,

From https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#_Toc254339125

Quote:
Hide or display the Paste Options button

If you don't want the Paste Options button to appear every time that you paste content, you can turn this option off.
  1. Click the File tab.
  2. Click Options, and then click Advanced.
  3. Under Cut, copy, and paste, clear or select the Show Paste Options button when content is pasted check box to hide or display the Paste Options button.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I'm sorry, I don't use MS Word. If you will accept my advice anyway,

From https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#_Toc254339125
Thanks, eschwartz. That unasked for options box was really getting on my nerves. Locating the right options when you want them isn't always an easy undertaking in MS Word. At least, it isn't always that way for me. I love the program and appreciate its power, but I sometimes wish it were a tad more intuitive.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found that link here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ms+word+paste+options
Old 12-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Yes I agree, totally annoying, I didn't know it could be disabled, but I do know if you hit 'esc' it goes away.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
From the pic, what you seem to be getting is from the 'show' button which shows you all the pagination etc marks, for example, the dots are where you have pressed the space bar.
To get rid of this, locate the backward P on the function menu (sorry, don't know where that is in modern versions of the ribbon) and click it. The marks will go away.

As for the paste option marks, they will go away as soon as you do something else. So just continue typing and watch them magically disappear.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
From the pic, what you seem to be getting is from the 'show' button which shows you all the pagination etc marks, for example, the dots are where you have pressed the space bar.
To get rid of this, locate the backward P on the function menu (sorry, don't know where that is in modern versions of the ribbon) and click it. The marks will go away.

As for the paste option marks, they will go away as soon as you do something else. So just continue typing and watch them magically disappear.
As the OP only asked about the paste options, I will assume he deliberately activated the pagination marks...