Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Docx plugin appears, but never installed.

Happily running Calibre 0.9.35 here.

I was recently reviewing my list of installed plugins (Plugin Updates->filter by Installed plugins) for any plugins I'm not using any more, when I noticed a mystery.

Listed there is a "DOCX Input" plugin, by SauliusP, which imports MS Word docx documents into calibre. I'm certain I've never installed this plugin, and have never needed to import any Word document into calibre.

If I go to the plugin's forum thread, here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180729, it looks like this plugin has been deprecated as of calibre 0.9.34, as it has been incorporated into calibre as a native plugin.

Just for grins, I tried to remove it, but upon restarting calibre, the Docx plugin reappears in the installed plugin list. Is this plugin the native docx plugin incorporated into calibre 0.9.34? I always assumed the installed plugin list is intended to show user-installed plugins.

Last edited by Section8; 06-18-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: fix typo.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, the plugin list shows all plugins, including builtin ones, if you want to see only user installed plugins, click the checkbox above the plugin list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Thank you, Kovid. I was looking at the installed plugins using the "Plugin Updates" button, which doesn't have that check box. Using that check box in the Preferences/plugin dialog shows the user-installed plugins I wanted to see.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
@Kovid - Section8 as pointed out something that is not normal. The old user plugin by SauliusP shows under the installed user plugins and cannot be removed from this list. See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	installed User Plugins.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	107134  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...a1a189b1a49669
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert