Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Bulk Edit Comments column

I have been trying to figure out how to do this since I started tagging the numerous stories in one of my libraries. All the stories were downloaded from the internet and converted to epub with another program. This program also fills out the comments column with a summary of the story.

Unfortunately, the font that is used is smaller than I would like. I tried to use a search and replace where I replaced a HTML tag that was already there with the font I wanted as the technique had worked on a smaller library where I had manually inputed the comments. However, the only HTML tag these stories have is <p class="description"> and for some reason the search cannot seem to find it.

I also attempted to use regular expressions, <p.*?>, but again I could not get the font to change.

I can edit each story individually, making the font bold. Then I can use the search and replace on the <b>.

However, I have thousands of stories and was hoping that there is a way to get the bulk edit to work. Especially as I am only on the first batch of stories and will run into the same problem again.

- Jade Aislin
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote