Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2015, 01:39 AM   #1351
.Surge
.Surge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Huh? The Kobo ereaders are the only devices that supports series information. Any books you buy from Kobo will have this. For sideloaded books it is a problem as epub metadata standard does not include series information. But, the calibre driver for the Kobo ereaders can populate the series in the database.
Yes, I'm using calibre and the metadata is there (worked on my last ereader - Pocketbook) Do I have to do something special other than having the metadata filled out for Kobo?
.Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:53 AM   #1352
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Surge View Post
Yes, I'm using calibre and the metadata is there (worked on my last ereader - Pocketbook) Do I have to do something special other than having the metadata filled out for Kobo?
Yes, you need to make sure some configuration options are set:

- In the KoboTouch driver (or the extended driver if you use it), select the "Set Series Information" option.
- On the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences, make sure "Metadata management" is set to automatic.

The next time you connect the device, all the series information should be updated in the database for any books already on the device. And because of the way all this works, the series information is set the first time you connect after sending the book.

You can also use my Kobo Utilities plugin to update the metadata including the series information plus a whole lot of other things.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2015, 04:51 PM   #1353
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
I wonder if kobo thinks of fixing html tags rendering - I.e. <span other font>xxx</span>, or css - font-variant: small-caps, etc?
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #1354
AlexViean
AlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blueAlexViean can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo GLO HD
I want to have a soft button to put my kobo touch in sleep mode. I don't want to use hard power button many times. Have we already had it?
AlexViean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:24 AM   #1355
.Surge
.Surge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, you need to make sure some configuration options are set:
Thank you so much
.Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2015, 02:50 AM   #1356
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
My wish for a future firmware:

Implement a minimum swipe distance, so a tap where you move your finger 1 mm would not register as a swipe. (if anyone has the slightest idea how this could be patched into the touch screen driver, please explain )
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:22 AM   #1357
AndrewH7
Enthusiast
AndrewH7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
up-graded

It up-graded itself! now've Chess & the ea gliding vowel, Now 1 needs to + dictionaries & translators, I + Spanish dictionary that was not inc. before, & unlike the French 1 I'd before, it maybe used + any file type. But now even when file type = EPUB, 1 needs to type the words in, as can't high-light 'em in the text. So up-grade = not all good.
AndrewH7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #1358
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH7 View Post
It up-graded itself! now've Chess & the ea gliding vowel, Now 1 needs to + dictionaries & translators, I + Spanish dictionary that was not inc. before, & unlike the French 1 I'd before, it maybe used + any file type. But now even when file type = EPUB, 1 needs to type the words in, as can't high-light 'em in the text. So up-grade = not all good.
What firmware version did it update to? The Mexican flavour of Spanish was added recently and is searchable, unlike French and Dutch. But, no version of the firmware should not allow you to select text in an epub unless the epub was really just scanned images of pages. I suggest you restart the device and try a different epub.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #1359
lar3ry
Enthusiast
lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo WiFi and Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH7 View Post
If you have a revision that you can live with, my suggestion would be to turn WiFi off and read the posts of those that have had Kobo's latest misfeatures rammed down their throats by unrequested upgrades, before deciding whether or not to upgrade yours.
lar3ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:40 PM   #1360
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by lar3ry View Post
If you have a revision that you can live with, my suggestion would be to turn WiFi off and read the posts of those that have had Kobo's latest misfeatures rammed down their throats by unrequested upgrades, before deciding whether or not to upgrade yours.
I completely endorse this comment. If it the firmware version you are using works for you, avoid updates at least until you have read how others have found them. Keeping the wifi off is not really a problem if you download books to a computer and use Calibre to keep them organised, then transfer to your KT with a USB cable
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #1361
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Geez; I upgrade on a regular basis and frankly, don't experience problems.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #1362
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Geez; I upgrade on a regular basis and frankly, don't experience problems.
And that's why you are one of the people I look for when checking to see what effects updates have! You are indeed a Grand Sorcerer when it comes to these things! Me, I just want my KT to work so I can read my ebooks!
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #1363
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I think is a bit too easy to sign out from an eReader with a pin (FW 4.3.8842 with affiliate rakutenbooks)?

I think it should require a special combination of taps(to reset the eReader), a special pin(to reset the eReader), or just using your Kobo password (to reset the pin). If anyone else agrees, please reply.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #1364
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
On 4.3.8842, Demo mode on and off resets the settings file. Since I was using demo mode for slideshow, Is it possible to disable this behavior?

Thanks
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #1365
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just realized that the topic title is incorrect. It #'s referring to just the Touch when it should be more generic.

The prefix should be removed and the topic title should be Future Firmware Feature Request Thread .
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote