Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 07:14 AM   #646
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
The header of this section makes it clear:

Please don't upload any book unless its author died before 1st Jan 1943, or it licensed for free distribution.

Wodehouse died in 1975 as a 10 second Google search shows. So if it can't be uploaded, it shouldn't be begged for.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #647
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
If the poster was asking for a modern book, well known to be under copyright, Harry's comment is fair. This is a site which doesn't tolerate pirating.

The Wodehouse error which I made was due to his books having been written so long ago. I made an assumption, which was corrected at the time, that they were public domain. Strangely, some of his books are in the MR library, but not the Blandings novels. (Note: I haven't recently checked this, they may have been removed.)
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #648
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
The Wodehouse error which I made was due to his books having been written so long ago. I made an assumption, which was corrected at the time, that they were public domain. Strangely, some of his books are in the MR library, but not the Blandings novels. (Note: I haven't recently checked this, they may have been removed.)
Wodehouse's books which were published prior to 1923 are in the US (and only the US) public domain.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #649
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Copyright is a giant headache, as there are books that are out of US copyright published as late as 1964....that is if they haven't been clawed back by the Berne Convention.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #650
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
So much for my ill-timed request for a home circumcision manual. Forty years must pass before the rights once owned by Rabbi Schmiller move into the public domain!

In the meantime, are there any Bolesław Prus fans in the house? An edition of The Doll (a/k/a, Lalke) would be appreciated; ditto James Thomson's The Seasons or the works of George Darley, John Clare or William Cowper.

George Saintsbury's Historical Manual of English Prosody is a book that every poet should know, but I won't ask for it seriously because it would be hellish to try to format in epub. It seems destined to be reborn as a pdf.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 01-03-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:27 AM   #651
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
So much for my ill-timed request for a home circumcision manual. Forty years must pass before the rights once owned by Rabbi Schmiller move into the public domain!

In the meantime, are there any Bolesław Prus fans in the house? An edition of The Doll (a/k/a, Lalke) would be appreciated; ditto James Thomson's The Seasons or the works of George Darley, John Clare or William Cowper.

George Saintsbury's Historical Manual of English Prosody is a book that every poet should know, but I won't ask for it seriously because it would be hellish to try to format in epub. It seems destined to be reborn as a pdf.
The brain surgery manual I would like will also be copyright protected for many more years.

They do have an acceptable Clare edition at Delphi Classics; the probably much better Carcanet editions are not available as ebooks, unfortunately.

If you are looking for a pdf, the Internet Archive is always worth a shot, as with the Saintsbury.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 AM   #652
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
If you are looking for a pdf, the Internet Archive is always worth a shot, as with the Saintsbury.
Do exercise caution with Internet Archive. There's an awful lot of stuff there that shouldn't be.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:39 AM   #653
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do exercise caution with Internet Archive. There's an awful lot of stuff there that shouldn't be.
Indeed. But George Saintsbury died in 1933 and so his work is definitely in the public domain in Life +70 countries.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #654
johnysamajhdar
Banned
johnysamajhdar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Xperia Z1
Hello,

May i request you guys to if its possible to have these two books in epub formats -

1. Uncertain Liasions by Khushwant Singh & Shoba de
2. A year by the sea by Joan Anderson.

Thanks in advance.
johnysamajhdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #655
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnysamajhdar View Post
Hello,

May i request you guys to if its possible to have these two books in epub formats -

1. Uncertain Liasions by Khushwant Singh & Shoba de
2. A year by the sea by Joan Anderson.

Thanks in advance.
Certainly it is. And your reward for doing so is today's special prize: a permanent ban from MobileRead. You know damned well that these books are still in copyright. We're not kidding around here when we say that we take copyright infringement seriously.

Last edited by HarryT; 03-27-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #656
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Please could someone upload some Zane Grey novels? High spirited Western is just what I'm looking for. He died before 1st Jan 1943 so it should be ok.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #657
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
There are several already here, in the Patricia Clark Memorial Library!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebo...id=130&page=12
(Starting about 1/2 way down the page, then for a good portion of the following page)
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #658
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just checked for a mobi edition of Boswell's Life of Johnson which should be well out of copyright, but it's not in the library; is there a reason for this or is it just an oversight? If the latter, I would like to make a request for it please.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #659
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I've just checked for a mobi edition of Boswell's Life of Johnson which should be well out of copyright, but it's not in the library; is there a reason for this or is it just an oversight? If the latter, I would like to make a request for it please.
Oversight.

It's available in HTML, Mobi, and ePub format at Project Gutenberg, so you can at least get and read it till someone crafts a MobileRead edition.

See http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1564
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #660
BookCat
C L J

Thanks. I had a look on Amazon and found some reasonably priced and free Kindle editions. I downloaded the free unabridged Vol 1. I'm sure this book would be so much nicer if formatted by MR experts.