Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by visvet View Post
What can I do with this, please?
Probably you did a hard reset and this reset the clock also. Connecting to the internet with your Kindle would solve this problem.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
would be great to see the src on this : )

I did find this though in the interim

https://github.com/twobob/kindle-calc

Last edited by twobob; 09-05-2012 at 06:03 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #18
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
I tried to install kindcalc by copying the azw to mnt/us/documents, and I have the developrr patch in jbpatch turned on. But after a few restarts I still get the message "this kindlet has not been signed by an authotised developer. Please contact the developer". So I did.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #19
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

good luck. been watching this for a while. ymmv. 2012 keys should only contain one new key I believe. so the dev keys should cover this. hope you get some support
Old 10-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #20
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This might be the wrong thread to ask in, but for the develoer key to be installed, do I need to do anything apart from activate the patch and restart framework?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #21
twobob

erm... if you mean JBPatch. erm... I think so yeah. but a full restart might not hurt.
I kind of remember that being correct though. so... undecided.

I forget exactly at what point it checks for / caches the keys, doubtless that info is on the JBPatch thread.

If in doubt. restart. That's my policy. then test by opening an app.
That should work.

*IF* you are feeling adventurous:

remove the tweak, full restart, apply the tweak, restart framework, then try opening app.

if it fails you have your answer.
if you post that detail here (or on the relevant thread) then we will all know for next time

HTH
Old 10-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #22
icantbebothered
Penguin

I reinstalled jbpatch. Then I deactivated the developer keys patch and restarted framework. Then I activated it again and restarted. Then I restarted framework. At no point during the process did kindcalc work.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #23
twobob

hmm. okay. Ill test it now.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #24
icantbebothered
Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm.
That is an excellent summary of my life. And if you were wondering, I have firmware 5.1.2.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #25
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Kindles often have the wrong date in them. If this program refuses to run depending on the date, that would be bad. Why does this program abort if it does not like the date? Is this a time-limited demo program?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #26
icantbebothered
Penguin

I don't know, but it's not a problem limited to kindle. Not a long time ago, I had some suspicious "malware protection is turned off" messages on my windows vista, but when I set the clock to the right time, it was all fine.

Not that I'm saying kindles are as bad as windows. I mean that's a serious insult.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #27
twobob

works fine for me.

last resort on could simply dump the keys from pops 2012 updated keystore into the right location yourself.

definitely worked okay for me.

Just dumped the file kindcalc.azw2 in mnt/us/documents (as per the readme) and up it popped.

Clicked it.

ran.

(I have JBpatch installed)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_094.png
Views:	304
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	93525  
Old 10-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #28
twobob

simply type date at the command prompt to check.

[root@kindle root]# date
Quote:
Sat Oct 6 15:23:39 GMT+01:00 2012
or for a far less accurate way.

use the Menu > Settings > Device Options > Device Time to check it.

(as you can see here mine is now one minute slow after using this)
[root@kindle root]# date
Quote:
Sat Oct 6 15:22:32 GMT+00:58 2012
great It's supposed to use ntp I think but I get mixed results. for no obvious reason.

So yeah date

Quote:
Usage: date [OPTIONS] [+FMT] [TIME]

Display time (using +FMT), or set time

Options:
[-s,--set] TIME Set time to TIME
-u,--utc Work in UTC (don't convert to local time)
-R,--rfc-2822 Output RFC-2822 compliant date string
-I[SPEC] Output ISO-8601 compliant date string
SPEC='date' (default) for date only,
'hours', 'minutes', or 'seconds' for date and
time to the indicated precision
-r,--reference FILE Display last modification time of FILE
-d,--date TIME Display TIME, not 'now'
-D FMT Use FMT for -d TIME conversion

Recognized TIME formats:
hh:mm[:ss]
[YYYY.]MM.DD-hh:mm[:ss]
YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm[:ss]
[[[[[YY]YY]MM]DD]hh]mm[.ss]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_095.png
Views:	285
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	93526  

Last edited by twobob; 10-06-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: pics
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The 'date' application only sets the date-time in the operating system, there is another utility for copying it to the hardware clock, called: hwclock.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #30
icantbebothered
Penguin

@twobob: Don't even hint at ssh access. For me that's a whole world of trouble in itself.

I mucked around with the time a bit, but no succes.

It shouldn't be long until the next version of jbpatch, maybe that will fix something.

Last edited by icantbebothered; 10-06-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Tags
kindlets