Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #31
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Not doubting you Kovid. I need to see if I can figure out why it fails on mine.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #32
esoterica3
esoterica3 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I just downloaded the new version today and am also having trouble with the Kf8. Works fine if I delete the tweak. Any help would be appreciated Here is the log file:

calibre, version 0.8.49
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Convert book 1 of 1 (Neverwhere)
Spoiler:

Convert book 1 of 1 (Neverwhere)
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 0.8.49
{'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., 'chapter|book|section|part|prologue|epilogue\\s+', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': u'C:\\DOCUME~1\\ADMINI~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.8.49_tmp_gp0zvy\\yz4abj.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'dont_compress': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x0344E190>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': True,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'mobi_ignore_margins': False,
'mobi_keep_original_images': True,
'mobi_toc_at_start': True,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_inline_navbars': True,
'no_inline_toc': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindleFireOutput object at 0x0344E510>,
'page_breaks_before': u'/',
'personal_doc': u'[PDOC]',
'prefer_author_sort': False,
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'pretty_print': False,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'C:\\DOCUME~1\\ADMINI~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.8.49_tmp_gp0zvy\\boqmoz.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'share_not_sync': False,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\calibre_0.8.49_ tmp_gp0zvy\vahylk.epub
Found HTML cover titlepage.xhtml
Parsing all content...
Parsing index_split_003.xhtml ...
Parsing index_split_004.xhtml ...
Parsing index_split_001.xhtml ...
Parsing stylesheet.css ...
Parsing index_split_000.xhtml ...
Parsing index_split_002.xhtml ...
Parsing titlepage.xhtml ...
Reading TOC from NCX...
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Inserting metadata into book...
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 12.00001pt
Removing fake margins...
Parsing stylesheet1.css ...
Found 24 items of level: div_1
Found 45 items of level: div_2
Found 13 items of level: p_2
Found 2732 items of level: p_3
Ignoring level p_2
div_1 left margin stats: Counter({u'': 22})
div_1 right margin stats: Counter({u'': 22})
div_2 left margin stats: Counter({u'': 22})
div_2 right margin stats: Counter({u'': 22})
p_3 left margin stats: Counter({u'0': 2732})
p_3 right margin stats: Counter({u'0': 2732})
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Trimming u'cover.jpeg' from manifest
Trimming u'titlepage.xhtml' from manifest
Creating MOBI Output...
Serializing resources...
Creating KF8 output
Generating KF8 markup...
Python function terminated unexpectedly
list index out of range (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 191, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 31, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1099, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\mobi_ou tput.py", line 185, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\mobi_ou tput.py", line 197, in create_kf8
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\writer8\main.py", line 404, in create_kf8_book
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\writer8\main.py", line 61, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\writer8\main.py", line 252, in chunk_it_up
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\writer8\skeleton.py", line 171, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\writer8\skeleton.py", line 235, in remove_namespaces
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\writer8\skeleton.py", line 54, in node_from_path
File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 1069, in lxml.etree._Element.__getitem__ (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:37264)
IndexError: list index out of range

Last edited by theducks; 04-29-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: wrap HUGE paste in spoiler
esoterica3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #33
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same error I'm seeing.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #34
esoterica3

at least we know we're not alone LOL!

PS, forgot to mention my OS is win XP.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #35
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Not doubting you Kovid. I need to see if I can figure out why it fails on mine.
Are you running the official calibre binary? i.e. the one from http://calibre-ebook.com and not your distro package or calibre compiled from source, or some such?

@esoterica3: What file are you getting that error with?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #36
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

That code is part of the KF8 creation that is walking an lxml tree and cloning it to remove all of the namespace information (html5 does not use namespace prefixes). The funny thing is it builds up the list of nodes (the path) from the root node to this node and then when processes that list of nodes along the path it runs into a case that says the child that was there on the way up no longer exists

So somehow it found all of the indexes on the way up but they are not there on the way back. Strange.

Is there a short epub that you can post that causes the problem?

KevinH
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I think I may know what's going on. I suspect the presence of comments/processing instructions is causing a path mismatch in the source and destination trees. In any case that code needs to be fixed to handle the tail of comments/PIs.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #38
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Are you running the official calibre binary? i.e. the one from http://calibre-ebook.com and not your distro package or calibre compiled from source, or some such?
Looks like you guys are on to something, but I always use official binaries. Got burned by the distro package very early on.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I think I may know what's going on. I suspect the presence of comments/processing instructions is causing a path mismatch in the source and destination trees. In any case that code needs to be fixed to handle the tail of comments/PIs.
But the code seems to work fine under Windows 7. So why would the code need to be fixed if it works?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #40
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But the code seems to work fine under Windows 7. So why would the code need to be fixed if it works?
Because it seems to have problems in some circumstances? So, have you dug through the code and know it works? Let's let the developers work it out. I have Kindlegen if I need KF8 *right* now and I can wait to see if Kovid and team figure it out.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Because it seems to have problems in some circumstances? So, have you dug through the code and know it works? Let's let the developers work it out. I have Kindlegen if I need KF8 *right* now and I can wait to see if Kovid and team figure it out.
You had a problem converting Kim under Linux. But I converted the very same ePub to KF8 under Windows. So that would say that the code does work since it's the same ePub with the same code.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #42
jgaiser
Omnivorous

You need to join the development team for calibre, Jon. I'm sure your software engineering expertise will be very welcome.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #43
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It isn't working under Windows 7. I got it to work once and it produced a beautiful book as seen on my Kindle Fire. But when I imported the book to my Touch, all I could see was black pages. Oddly, when you first opened the book, you could see the text, but when you tried to turn the page, all was black.

My attempt to just convert a regular book to Mobi with the tweak resulted in the error that the others are reporting.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
It isn't working under Windows 7. I got it to work once and it produced a beautiful book as seen on my Kindle Fire. But when I imported the book to my Touch, all I could see was black pages. Oddly, when you first opened the book, you could see the text, but when you tried to turn the page, all was black.

My attempt to just convert a regular book to Mobi with the tweak resulted in the error that the others are reporting.

Jim
From what I have been reading, the KF8 support on the AKT is a bit buggy. The Fire seems to work a lot better for KF8.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #45
esoterica3

Quote:

@esoterica3: What file are you getting that error with?
It's an e-pub file

and yes, it's the official calibre

Last edited by esoterica3; 04-29-2012 at 09:04 PM.