Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
DIY Strap for Cover

I was thinking the other day that my Pocketbook 360 would be perfect if the back of the cover had a strap I could fit my hand through so it would stay firmly in place when I walked and read one-handed.

I tested lengths and places with a strap made from scotch tape and when I found the best length and placement I superglued a pretty burgundy ribbon on the back of the cover.

It makes using the reader so much better for me.

I just thought I would share my DIY in case anyone else missed having a strap.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
you mean the strap is on the hard detachable cover? Would you please have a picture, I am not sure I have understood
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will post a picture when I get home. I put the detachable cover so the silver Pocketbook logo was facing up and placed the ribbon about an inch away from the logo.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
I will post a picture when I get home. I put the detachable cover so the silver Pocketbook logo was facing up and placed the ribbon about an inch away from the logo.
ah, I think I get you, but if it is not too much trouble a picture would be great - and also size of tape and ribbon and position...
Old 06-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
toomanybooks
Addict

I have attached two pictures. The ribbon size and placement depends on the size of your hand. I would experiment with scotch taping the ribbon in different ways until you find the best fit and then permanently attaching the ribbon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribbon1.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	73168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribbon2.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	73169  
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
paola
Wizard

many thanks!