Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Mobile Broadband on HD+?

I am thinking of buying a Nook HD+, however we use usb mobile broadband for our internet. I know the HD+ doesnt have a usb port, but is there any other way of being able to use mobile broadband with the HD+?
Thanks
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Maybe, if someone made a bluetooth mobile broadband adapter. You'd need to check with your provider for that though. If they don't offer one, then you've pretty much answered your own question I think. It's a USB mobile broadband solution and the HD+ doesn't have a USB port. I'm not aware of any way to interface a USB device to an HD+.

The only other way that I can think of would be if you could somehow hook the USB mobile internet modem to a router. Then you could just connect the HD+ using normal wi-fi. I don't know enough about mobile broadband to know if this is even feasible but, somehow, I doubt it.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
the HD+ doesn't have a USB port. I'm not aware of any way to interface a USB device to an HD+.
You can physically connect a USB device to the HD+ using a USB Female-Female coupler (such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/290923812039...84.m1439.l2649) in conjunction with the BN-supplied USB cable. But in order to use the USB-attached device you will also need driver software support in the OS for that device-type. CM10.x ROM kernel has built-in support for some USB devices: I've successfully used USB flash drives, keyboard, and mouse with my HD+ running CM10.1 (on SD card), you can browse the XDA forums HD+ threads (e.g., http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2307585&page=6) to see what other USB devices are supported.
Quote:
The only other way that I can think of would be if you could somehow hook the USB mobile internet modem to a router. Then you could just connect the HD+ using normal wi-fi. I don't know enough about mobile broadband to know if this is even feasible but, somehow, I doubt it.
Folks have done this using a combination of some particular router models and (free) aftermarket router firmwares such as Tomato-USB or DD-WRT, you can browse TomatoUSB/DD-WRT forums for more info.

Last edited by livramax; 09-12-2013 at 07:46 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Mobile Broadband on HD+

Most mobile broadband providers have some type of device for connecting multiple devices. I use Verizon and I have a mifi. We can connect up to 10 devices with no problem. If you are looking for a mobile broadband router for a device you already have, I would recommend http://www.3gstore.com

They are very knowledgeable about mobile broadband and have many different options.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote