Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 03:22 AM   #16
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Interesting suggestion. I can see where one might use Microsoft's Project or similar software -- create scenes as individual tasks (on one calendar) and then assign characters as resources for those tasks. Probably makes the most sense if you already own that software because of the expense and learning curve. Definitely tickles my sense of overkill.
Go to CNET. Downloads. Look up "project manager/management software"
Choose MS or MAC
Choose free or free to try or "pay"
There are plenty.

i.e. more detail
Narrow your results

By price
** Free (16)
See all
By platforms
** Mac (16)
By Category
** Productivity Software (16)
Calendar & Time Management Software (13)
Contact Management Software (3)
Business Software (2)
Project Management Software (2)
Brainstorming and Mind-Mapping Softwar

OR I do it for you.
What I am talking about.

A few looked interesting. Change a few parameters and get others.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #17
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yeah, I think a PM tool might be too much for me I do not have Visio on my mac, just my work windows laptop, so that is out. I might change my mind and buy it as some point but for now I found:

Aeon Timeline http://www.scribblecode.com/

Which is not free, but does at least have a 20 day demo, and is under current development. It supports "fantasy" calendars which is cool, story arch's and so on. It specially focused on time lines for novels. Only messed with it for about an hour last night but looks like it might work well.

Now the fine part will be to work through my published novels and translate "It took about a week to ..." and "the next day..." to dates.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #18
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Yeah, I think a PM tool might be too much for me I do not have Visio on my mac, just my work windows laptop, so that is out. I might change my mind and buy it as some point but for now I found:

Aeon Timeline http://www.scribblecode.com/

Which is not free, but does at least have a 20 day demo, and is under current development. It supports "fantasy" calendars which is cool, story arch's and so on. It specially focused on time lines for novels. Only messed with it for about an hour last night but looks like it might work well.

Now the fine part will be to work through my published novels and translate "It took about a week to ..." and "the next day..." to dates.
That can be laborious. Good luck.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote