Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Headphone jack loose

My headphone jack seems to be temperamental depending on which headphones I'm using. Seems there is a lot of play in it. If it moves the sound will stop from the headphones and come out the speaker. I have to jiggle it to get it to work again. Sometimes I have to pull it slighly out to get it to connect. Different headphones produce different results.

Anyone else having issues?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
My headphone jack seems to be temperamental depending on which headphones I'm using. Seems there is a lot of play in it. If it moves the sound will stop from the headphones and come out the speaker. I have to jiggle it to get it to work again. Sometimes I have to pull it slighly out to get it to connect. Different headphones produce different results.

Anyone else having issues?

Carol
You need to call Kindle Support and have it replaced. It will only get worse as you plug and unplug your headphones.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You need to call Kindle Support and have it replaced. It will only get worse as you plug and unplug your headphones.
So yours is snug huh? This one if I tug on it slightly it will come out. All my other jacks fit pretty snugh.

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. The thing works fine except for that. Always get nervous that I'm going to get one that doesn't work as good.

Will call them tomorrow a.m.

Carol
Old 11-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Definitely call customer support.

This brings up something that everyone may want to consider. A 2-Year Square Trade Warranty. They have a lifetime feedback on Amazon of 97% Positive from 23,000 + customers. 4.8 stars from 10,000 + customers in the past 12 months.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller...=A1B45FIBP2TU2

SquareTrade has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-franc...cisco-ca-35878

I'm not trying to sell anybody on anything, but this is a relatively inexpensive way to protect your investment beyond the 1 year Amazon warranty. It includes Accident Protection. I'm sure Amazon is not going to replace your Fire if you drop and break it.

SquareTrade warranties can be purchased on Amazon's website. Check out the review from James Maynard.

http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-Wa...2408915&sr=8-5

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-27-2011 at 11:01 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
sadievan
Wizard

Well, color me feeling silly. I was on the phone with my SIL. She just got a Fire also and was gonna bring mine over there today when we go to watch the game so we could compare. I tried a different plug and it snapped in as they should. So I thought, Hmmm. Tried the one I was trying last night and it fit fine now too. I wonder if something just lined up when I tried the different plug or if I was being overly gentle with pushing it in. Didn't think I was. But anyway, will definitely keep an eye on it. If it acts up I will call CS.

Will check hers out too. While they are watching the game, I'll be installing apps on her Fire.

Carol
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
sadievan,

My headphone jack is loose, with the headphones often pulling out. This does not happen with either of my music players. It requires almost no force to detach the headphones. In fact, I have to remain still lest I cause them to fall out.

In addition, the micro usb port is somewhat wobbly. Not extremely so, but the problem will probably worsen with use. Otherwise the unit feels very solid. My fear of getting a worse one in replacement is maybe irrational given that the two I/O ports aren't right, so I will call CS next week.

I would like to hear how the headphone jack and usb port are on your sister-in-law's Fire.

I have only had the Fire for two days, and would like to thank(!!) all those here who have provided information on Android, apps, and how to install those apps.

Last edited by redbees; 11-27-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: clarification
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbees View Post
sadievan,

My headphone jack is loose, with the headphones often pulling out. This does not happen with either of my music players. It requires almost no force to detach the headphones. In fact, I have to remain still lest I cause them to fall out.

In addition, the micro usb port is somewhat wobbly. Not extremely so, but the problem will probably worsen with use. Otherwise the unit feels very solid. My fear of getting a worse one in replacement is maybe irrational given that the two I/O ports aren't right, so I will call CS next week.

I would like to hear how the headphone jack and usb port are on your sister-in-law's Fire.

I have only had the Fire for two days, and would like to thank(!!) all those here who have provided information on Android, apps, and how to install those apps.
I'll report back either later tonight or tomorrow. Depending on how late we get home.

Like I said earlier, I tried a different plug and this one just snapped in like it was supposed to. It was actually a cord for some external speakers I have. Has a plug on both ends. After that, my headphones work fine. Keeping fingers crossed.

Carol
Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
sadievan,

I am going to buy another pair of headphones and will see if the problem persists. Thanks for your coming update.
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbees View Post
sadievan,

I am going to buy another pair of headphones and will see if the problem persists. Thanks for your coming update.
OK. So I checked out my sister in laws headphone jack and hers is fine too. I think my problem maybe that I just didn't insert the plug far enough. It was late when I tried it last night. It seems to be working fine now.

Carol