Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
objectman
objectman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo battery life ng?

I've had my Kobo 1 About 4 months. I've loaned it to Mum who reads day and night with it. She loves it. But she gives it back to me to charge every now and then. Each time it's more and more regular. Now I seem to be charging it almost daily and I'm wondering whether the battery has finally given up the ghost.

She switches it off after reading every night but sometimes, in the morning it seems to have slipped into sleep mode overnight. The reloaded icon is frozen half way through.

Is anyone else experiencing this or anything like it?
objectman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
masona8
Enthusiast
masona8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Kindle DX graphite, Kindle 3
Well I am no expert but it sure seems like the battery but I don't know how to replace it.
It may be the electronic components that govern the charging system so you may need to try to see if the battery has a full charge. I have had mine since last July and it is still beaut. Sleep mode would draw very little power.

Send it back??
masona8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Needing to charge the battery on a daily basis would certainly be abnormal.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
It sounds like a faulty battery. You should never have to charge it daily. Call Kobo and send it back.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The battery lifespan is quite long, you should not be losing retentive capacity at that rate. Stupid question, but how long are you charging the device for usually?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #6
objectman
objectman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi SameerH, I love my Kobo. I'm charging until the blue light comes on - which is about 5hrs? Can I charge it further ie. beyond the blue light?
objectman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
MikeLC
Chapter/Indigo Employee
MikeLC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo iPhone, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch Ereader
hi objectman,

The Kobo doesn't charge beyond the blue light which only comes on when the Kobo is completely charged.

As SameerH has said it's quite odd that you'd have to charge it so many times or so often, can you tell us what firmware version you're running?
MikeLC is offline   Reply With Quote