Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
jdh
Enthusiast
jdh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle3, Voyage
looking for simple metadata editor

I would like to find a windows meta data editor with an interface similar to Mp3tag for MP3 files. Calibre can edit metadata, but it requires adding the ebook to the Calibre library and then copying it back to the original windows folder after editing the metadata. I would prefer a tool that can edit metadata without having to copy the ebook back and forth. Does anyone know of a tool like this? I use a Sony 505 with both lrf and epub ebooks.
jdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
I would like to find a windows meta data editor with an interface similar to Mp3tag for MP3 files. Calibre can edit metadata, but it requires adding the ebook to the Calibre library and then copying it back to the original windows folder after editing the metadata. I would prefer a tool that can edit metadata without having to copy the ebook back and forth. Does anyone know of a tool like this? I use a Sony 505 with both lrf and epub ebooks.
Calibre has a command-line utility for doing exactly that (ebook-meta.exe). Unfortunately, aside from the primary Calibre GUI, I'm not aware of any GUI for the command-line program.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
jdh
Enthusiast

Thank you, I wasn't aware that Calibre has a command-line option. I will try it.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi there,

I recently made public my own epub metadata editor. See this thread for details.

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
jdh
Enthusiast

Hi Ben,

Thank you. I just installed Version 1.0.3. Although I haven't used it much yet, it's just what I was hoping to find. One suggestion would be to add the ability to have multiple books open at once, with a panel listing the open filenames, which could be selected with a single click. Something similar to the way TextPad handles multiple files if you're familiar with that. Anyway it's just a suggestion. I expect to find your app quite useful as is.

Thanks,
John
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #6
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
One suggestion would be to add the ability to have multiple books open at once, with a panel listing the open filenames, which could be selected with a single click.
Hi John,

Thanks for the encouragement. I will think about multiple-book support. One thing I can say, though, is that you can have multiple instances of the EPubMetadataEditor program running at the same time. So you can have a number of books being edited at the same time if you really want to! (I just noticed that you can't drag and drop covers from one to the other - I will endeavour to add that functionality immediately!)

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata