Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Where to find images of ereaders

I like to look at photos other people have taken of their ereaders before I think about buying one. It's easier to get an idea of what they really look like that way, instead of relying on official images which tend to be rather "optimistic." Two places that I usually go to for that are tumblr tags and Amazon's customer image feature. Unfortunately, those two options don't always turn up good results. I was wondering if there are any other places that have several pictures of ereaders?
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
A Google image search?

Not images, but there are quite a few videos on Youtube of readers in use.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
sneakyspider
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

YouTube might be a good place to look. I've tried Google Image Search and it's been a bit tedious sorting through all of the dross to try to find any good images. Most of them are the "official" photos.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:43 AM   #4
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Have a look at the eReader museum here There are images of most readers and a technical description of each.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 AM   #5
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
Have a look at the eReader museum here There are images of most readers and a technical description of each.
Well, not 'most' readers, but 'only' 127. It's a nice site, but far from complete.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Ereaders

Readers in comparison
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
sneakyspider

Thanks for all of the help. These look like they could be really useful.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 AM   #8
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I second, or third, YouTube. It's nice seeing actual hands on the readers.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #9
Daniel Jones
Nameless Being

Hey sneakyspider
Whenever I have to check an apps' interface and functionality I usually search for app review video over YouTube, it works out for me judging it. I have picked Moon+Reader with this process and I am pretty satisfied with my selection.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
When I bought the wire holders that I use for my Kindle I took several pics of one of the holders in use (with the kindle resting on it).
http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Holders...gibson+holders
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #11
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Google Review + name of ereader, then clikc on images of even better videos. Good ereader has lots of them http://goodereader.com/blog/category/reviews/
owly is offline   Reply With Quote