Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre 0.6.0 released!

Hi All,

Finally, after a two month long beta process, I've released calibre 0.6.0. It has tons of new features and bug fixes, some of which you can read about here http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/new_in_6

A big thank you to all the calibre code contributors, translators and beta testers, without you, this release would not have been possible.

Now that I have 0.6.0 out of my hair, I should be going back to the one release per week development cycle you've come to know and love

There is also a nice video tour of calibre at http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/downloads/videos/

Enjoy!

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-24-2009 at 11:06 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Ohh, nice Thanks!
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Thanks for the grand tour.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well done! Congratulations!
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
Thanks, Kovid. I have not used calibre yet, but do believe this weekend will be a good time to begin

The tutorial is great.

Thank you again!
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I concur. I wasn't going to get Calibre until I purchased my PEZ (Pocket EZ). I may go ahead now so I can have most of my library converted from txt to better formats.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #7
BookLoverToo
Enthusiast
BookLoverToo doesn't litterBookLoverToo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
BookLoverToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Kovid!

I've been a little nervous about trying calibre -- just a little afraid I'd really mess up my book collections. Your tour demonstrated how easy it would be to use, and I am now ready to jump in and try it.

Thank you for your time in putting together an easy to understand demo of your program.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:21 AM   #9
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
In addition, the conversion system now has several long requested features, like the ability to insert book metadata into a “jacket” page at the start of the book.

Oh my gosh - I have wanted this feature for so long - I never remember from a title what a book is about!! So, now I'm off to take care of 500 books!

Ok, I'm being dense - but how do I use that feature - how to I insert the metadata - and - maybe I'm mistaken about what this means - I though it might be able to pick up the comments (i.e. book description) and insert it somewhere at the beginning of the book.

Last edited by mgrunk; 07-25-2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: clarification
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #10
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Any suggestions or recommendations for upgrading? Should we uninstall our 0.5 version first? Is there anything special we need to do to get the new version to recognize our current library/database?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #11
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Kovid - Is it possible to set up profiles for two readers? I have the Sony PRS-505, but now I'm also trying an Ipod Touch. Can I set up profiles for both readers in the welcome screen area?

I haven't yet downloaded the latest version of the software, so it's likely that I would already know the answer if I had.

I greatly appreciate the effort you put forth on Calibre. It's truly a fantastic program!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #12
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
This is a fantastic release many thanks to you and the development team for a great job!

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:41 AM   #13
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
OMG what happened?!

What the heck did I do wrong?? Look at how the fonts are displaying within Calibre since I installed the upgrade!

Note how the name "calibre" in the title bar is clear, but everywhere else it's barely readable!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre0.6-OMG.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	32911  

Last edited by FizzyWater; 07-25-2009 at 01:52 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:52 AM   #14
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Great job!
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:56 AM   #15
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
Thanks for all your great work!
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote