Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 01:17 PM   #1
cucumba
cucumba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.2
Kindle 4.1.2. serial number

Hello everyone

My Kindle's display broke the other day. I then purchased a second-hand Kindle online and unfortunately, which I wasn't aware of that this is possible, the Kindle had been declared as lost or stolen by one of the previous owners, so I can't register it.

Now the seller is honest and wasn't aware of that and offered to refund me.

But I'm leaving on a holiday in two days though and I'd like to have a Kindle with me,so I was wondering if there was a quick fix to deal with this issue.
I read in another forum that the serial number is stored in the mmc, and can be rewritten.
Can someone explain to me how this can be done?

Thanks for your help! Looking forward to hearing from you. cucu
Old 09-19-2016, 01:21 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hello. Thank you for asking. Someone will be along very shortly to help you.
Advert
Old 09-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
This forum does not provide help with "fixing" black-listed kindles. I suggest that you contact the seller for that refund.

(If your Kindle was stolen you would understand why.)

Last edited by jhowell; 09-19-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
MR won't provide help in registering lost or stolen Kindles. This thread is closed
Closed Thread

Tags
kindle 4th, lost/stolen, serial number, swap