Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Labarum
Enthusiast
Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Digital Editions Authorisation

I have a Nexus 7 (2012) running Android 4.3 and Overdrive.

All was fine for a bit, then I saw error code 1069

See here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/bar...overdrive.html

I de-authorised my Adobe ID but all attempts to re-authorise fail. I see error 2001.

I have had a similar issue with Digital Editions in Windows - the de-authorisation does not take until you force it with Shift-Control-D

I think clicking the de-authorisation button in Android has not does what it days. I need a similar radical procedure to force de-authorisation in Android.

I have tried deleting all app data, uninstalling and re-installing Overdrive, but I cannot now register ANY Adobe ID,

Any advice?

Last edited by Labarum; 08-03-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Labarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Strip the drm from all of your books then you don't have to use or worry about Digital Editions!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
Labarum
Enthusiast
Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Strip the drm from all of your books then you don't have to use or worry about Digital Editions!
Sound advice. Calibre does it so easily.

The authorisation worked today, so maybe it was a server delay issue.

Does Adobe produce any software that does not give its users grief?

Last edited by Labarum; 08-04-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Labarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #4
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Not everyone has that option. Me as an example. I have no MS based, or any other 0S for that matter, PC at home. All I have to use are my Asus Transformer Infinity, Galaxy Note 8.0 or **shudder** Kindle Fire 1. While yes I have PC's at work that is not a viable solution. So while a reasonable suggestion I thought it worthwhile to point out some are still completely out in the cold in this area, unfortunately.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote