Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
alaiksander
Enthusiast
alaiksander began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0
Unhappy Kindle Touch half shadowing

Hi, I got my kindle touch probably 1 year ago. I read that kindle sometimes has shadows of previous pages and therefore I set the screen to refresh every page turn. I left it on my drawer for sometimes because I moved and live with my new wife. I was surprised that when I opened it few weeks ago, it got faded on the bottom (I cant see the page number and half down the screen looks faded) and the shadowing did not refresh the screen accordingly. Anyone has this problem?

alaiksander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Kindle Touch half shadowing

I haven't experienced this problem. I don't turn on screen refresh, if after several page turns I see faded words from previous pages I just open the toolbar by tapping the top of the page then I simply tap again on the page to close it, you'll notice that the 'shadowed' words disappear.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
alaiksander
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
I haven't experienced this problem. I don't turn on screen refresh, if after several page turns I see faded words from previous pages I just open the toolbar by tapping the top of the page then I simply tap again on the page to close it, you'll notice that the 'shadowed' words disappear.
Do you suggest that I hould turn off the refresh??
I was wondering, is it because some kind of "humid place" effect to the display..

#our drawer is quite dry

UPDATE: I am downloading duokan as comparison to KT firmware

Last edited by alaiksander; 06-11-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

I suggest you do a reboot of the KT first to see if that will clear up any issues. Often a reboot works wonders.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #5
alaiksander
Enthusiast

I Havent installed duokan yet, but will try to reboot it several times hopefully it will fix the fade and shadow. I will be back here after reboots or duokan install.
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The refresh setting being a problem seems highly unlikely. I can't imagine why it would cause a bunch of text to disappear on part of the screen.

I don't know what your humidity is like. Was the drawer totally dry? Only relatively dry? (If it was moisture some people say to try putting it in a bag of rice for a few days. Never tried it myself.) It's also possible some damage was done to it just before it went into the drawer.

Was it left a long time? If so, you might try leaving it on the charger for an extended period of time. Cheap and easy.

Other than the battery and what you're already doing, I'd lean toward a hardware problem.

Last edited by Fluribus; 06-12-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
alaiksander
Enthusiast

I think my drawer is dry enough. I once use a Samsung Galaxy Young charger to recharge the battery. I had restart it several times and it did no good. I'm in Indonesia, and I guess there is no support for this thing here. The nearest is singapore, I read Amazon sell KT there, but dont know about the support.

#fail to install duokan. copied as the pdf said. Mine is 5.3.2.1. Do I miss something?
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #8
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm assuming that when you rebooted you did a reset to factory settings, not simply a restart. If not, I'd try that.

I've got a few cool wooden cats that were carved in Indonesia, wish I had better ideas for you.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
alaiksander
Enthusiast

Well, I guess I have to live with it
I live near a city called Jepara, central java. It is famous for wooden sculptures and furnitures