Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
Is it possible to have kepubs on different devices without them getting locked?

Hi,

I currently have 4 kobo's (2 wireless, 1 mini and 1 glo). I use the same account for all 4 devices.

My question is this, when I update my devices libraries I tend to do all 4 at once. However I am noticing that the kepubs are being locked on my 2 wireless devices. Is their any way around this other than sideloading them onto the 2 wireless kobo's?

Thanks
Nascarfan1972
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Hi Nascarfan, what exactly do you mean with a kepub being "locked"? Does it not sync to the right bookmark? Perhaps it has something to do with the order in which you sync you devices. If the most recent bookmark is on the Glo and you sync the Kobo Wifies just before you sync the Glo, the Wifies won't get the most recent bookmark...

If that' not the problem, please explain what you mean by "locking."
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
Mrs_Often,

The actual message is "The content you are trying to view is locked". I get this after the title screen and the loading bar on the bottom of the kobo. It then askes me to go to the shop and update my settings.

As I do not use wifi as it always asks for a password, and some of the places I use my ereader do not have wifi access, I am unable to do this.

Thanks
Nascarfan1972
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very strange! Try logging out of your Wifi devices from settings, and then logging back in. This should first get rid of everything that's connected to your account, and then re-download it. It also rebuilds the database. Sideloaded books are safe.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That makes me think Kobo have a device limit per user. I have two devices and have no problems with syncing. But I can't think of a good way to test this.

One question, is there a relationship between the device that get the locked error and the order you did the syncs?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That makes me think Kobo have a device limit per user.
I think there is, but it seems to be 5 (or 6) devices:

- This pdf about Vox setup says 5 devices in step 6 of the setup:
Quote:
Note: Remember, you can have up to five Kobo devices on a single account, and the email address you use does not need to be functional.
- This thread suggests 6 devices but does not give any references

In any case, Nascarfan1972 only has 4 devices so they should be safe.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 01-20-2013 at 08:12 AM.