Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #91
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
well as I admitted earlier I'm falling behind a bit in my daily word goals,
but today a bit of a horn toot.

I was able to complete a draft of a story in about 5 hours and it is about 2600 words at this point. Still need some significant completion but I felt good about actually cranking out the words and even more so about getting to a full draft of the story.

In other news I have 5, maybe 6 completed non-fiction memoir pieces completed for my collection -- probably a couple dozen more to go for a full-length book. I've got maybe a dozen of those in various stages of completion but it is moving ahead.

Last edited by kennyc; 02-11-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #92
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Congratulations Kenny. It does feel good when it starts to flow. I think we're all closet junkies: we keep coming back trying to get that fix, hoping that tonight's the night when we will again get high.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #93
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks man! Hoping to keep it up and keep it consistent. Its my job. No excuses.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #94
J. Garrett
Enthusiast
J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, 6" E-Ink
My writing is going to be curbed from here on because of WORK, so I've got to try to figure out how to cram in lots of writing in what free time I'll have. I've at least got tons of ideas lying around, so no need to waste time thinking up new ones.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #95
kennyc

I know what I used to do was get up a bit early and try to put an hour or two in writing before the workday started. Us my best time/energy for my own work. I know that might not work for everyone though.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #96
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Thanks man! Hoping to keep it up and keep it consistent. Its my job. No excuses.
I found one book that might help kennyc. It looks useful as an idea on how to break things up into parts anyway.
Write it! How to write your book in 30 hours or less
http://www.amazon.com/Write-write-yo...+hours+or+less
Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #97
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
I know what I used to do was get up a bit early and try to put an hour or two in writing before the workday started. Us my best time/energy for my own work. I know that might not work for everyone though.
My best time seems to be late at night. The downside being that when it's going well I get all hyped up and can't get to sleep afterwards ... which cruels the next day - though I do start to wake up about the time I want to write again. Good for writing, not so good for my other work.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #98
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I found one book that might help kennyc. It looks useful as an idea on how to break things up into parts anyway.
Write it! How to write your book in 30 hours or less
http://www.amazon.com/Write-write-yo...+hours+or+less
Well shoot, I already put more time in than that!

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #99
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
well as I admitted earlier I'm falling behind a bit in my daily word goals,
but today a bit of a horn toot.

I was able to complete a draft of a story in about 5 hours and it is about 2600 words at this point. Still need some significant completion but I felt good about actually cranking out the words and even more so about getting to a full draft of the story.

In other news I have 5, maybe 6 completed non-fiction memoir pieces completed for my collection -- probably a couple dozen more to go for a full-length book. I've got maybe a dozen of those in various stages of completion but it is moving ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
....... It looks useful as an idea on how to break things up into parts anyway.
The program "scrivener" is designed with that methodology in mind ....
Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #100
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Nice one, Kenny. I finished the first draft of a short story last night too.

Went to bed happy.

Graham
Old 02-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #101
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post

Went to bed happy.

Graham
Sounds good .... Let's hope you woke in the same vein of happiness
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 AM   #102
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post

Went to bed happy.

Graham
Excellent!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #103
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Sounds good .... Let's hope you woke in the same vein of happiness
Well... glanced at the first page of the printout on my desk when I got down this morning and noticed the passive voice in the opening paragraph...

I'll give it a few days and then reread and polish.

Graham
Old 02-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #104
kennyc

Yep. I'm working on other stuff today but hope to finish the draft of the story by end of week.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #105
GeoffC

Quote:
Yep. I'm working on other stuff today but hope to finish the draft of the story by end of week.
Marks calendar ....
Closed Thread