Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #16
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you tried reading the book on your Opus? How well does it display?
not sure if you meant the stripped Mobi and changed to ePub version which looks good .. no contents and no chapter numbers but that was with Stanza .. hubby has now used Calibre and contents and chapter number are all there - I do feel kind of guilty doing it this way tho as I don't like drm stripping .. but the books have all been paid for so I spose it's ok ..

I also tried the PDF on the Opus .. it did a 'fit to page' option but it was really to the edge of the device with absolutely no space so I didn't find it too easy on the eyes (which defeats the point as that's part of the reason I LOVE the e-ink thing) .. so I wouldn't choose to do PDF again at all but it would be fine in an emergency (lol I have NO clue what kind of emergency would require me to read a PDF on an Opus!)

hope this helps lol

loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #17
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I do feel kind of guilty doing it this way tho as I don't like drm stripping .. but the books have all been paid for so I spose it's ok ..
If you de-drm your book for your own use, it's definitively ok. DRM shouldn't exists at all, they only make a mess of however paid for the books. (Like you noticed, they offrer no protection against piracy)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #18
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
this is exactly the process we're doing at the moment .. thanks!!
hubby did just find out that Calibre doesn't work with snow leopard tho so we'll switch them all and then throw snow leopard into the mix! ..

thanks Georges !
Hi again Loopy!

Now I am a little bit sad... You say that Calibre does not work with Snow Leopard??? I was going to upgrade in the next few days. Has Hubby reported that to the good folks at Calibre in these forums??? I am sure they will do something about it...

Thanks and regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
See:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51918
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #20
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ooooops...

Sorry! I missed that one...

Thanks Harry, it seems that there is hope after all...

Regards,

Georges
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #21
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
will be waiting a little while to get snow leopard now .. no particular rush anyways as leopard is good .. i'm impressed with the speed that Kovid is trying to do a fix for Calibre tho! ..

loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #22
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
Hi all

Question for those of you who know your stuff (most everyone other than me! lol)

On the fictionswise website is 'Secure Adobe' the same as Epub? .. in other words .. can I download the Secure Adobe format and read it on my new Opus (which is sposed to arrive today !!)

Thanks

(sorry if this is the wrong forum for this I just didn't know)
loopy
Cybook Opus will handle DRMed PDFs AND ePUBs. Whatever you purchase, both formats will be working flawlessly.
The only difference: On Opus, PDFs are zoomed, whereas ePUBs are reflowed.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #23
captaingeorges
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Cybook Opus will handle DRMed PDFs AND ePUBs. Whatever you purchase, both formats will be working flawlessly.
The only difference: On Opus, PDFs are zoomed, whereas ePUBs are reflowed.
Hello mgmueller!

I see from your particulars that you own both a Cybook Opus and a Sony Prs-300.

Would you be kind enough to compare the two for us and also if possible to post a picture of both side by side.

Thanks

Georges