Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 03:45 AM   #1
deleted
Enthusiast
deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch
Problems with Onyx M96 after latest update (1.8.1.2).

[note: I have since realised that this should be posted in the m96 m96 firmware updates sticky but I don't know how to delete this thread]

I updated my Onyx Boox M96 quite some time ago with the latest (Booxtor) update: V 1.8.1.2 (e54efe5).

If I recall correctly a few things were fixed up by the update but a number of problems developed and I'd like to get some help.

*cannot change the pen width, nor use the erase function in the default e-reader (neoreader I think). Whenever I click to change either pen width or use eraser the program crashes and I lose all recent annotations. So I can no longer erase.

*cannot find alternative e-reader apps which I know to be installed on the device. When I click to open a pdf it generally defaults to one e-reader (neo?). On occasion it does give me a choice and and ask which of several ereader apps I would like to use - one of these has the ability to open multiple books at the same time. (From memory one is a modified neoreader)
But unless this menu pops up I cannot find the alternatives! (They do not show up under 'Application').

*the crop function which worked best for cutting the margins in pdfs no longer works. I used to select a margin-truncation option via 'Navigation'. It would cut the margins as close to the text as possible for all pages of a pdf document.

This margin-truncation option now appears under the submenu 'More' but it does not work. Now I use the 'zoom selection', not quite as good.

In short I miss the functionality of the earlier version but prefer some of the problems the update fixed ('messaging' message has gone, and the Note drawing program is great.

Is there a way to return the other functions to the device? Would re-flashing the update work??

Thanks.

Last edited by deleted; 12-01-2017 at 05:34 AM.
deleted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, crop, functionality, pen and eraser problem, update problem