Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
Abrakadabra77
Abrakadabra77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
How to restore the "smiley face" with a progress bar when turn on my Touch?

How to restore the "smiley face" with a progress bar when turn on my Touch 3.2.0? Sorry if I missed the solution (if it exists and is described here)
Abrakadabra77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The smiley face has been removed as part of the new firmware. The only way to get it back is to return to the old firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I really wish they'd bring that smiling face back. It gave the device a personality, and never failed to make me less angry when I had to do a pinhole reset because the damn thing had locked up ...
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #4
dassie
dassie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dassie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dassie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
My Touch 905c on 3.2.0 still has the smiley face when booting.

Maybe there is a specific firmware that removes it that I skipped? I went directly from the first 3.0 for the Touch to 3.2.0.
dassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrakadabra77 View Post
How to restore the "smiley face" with a progress bar when turn on my Touch 3.2.0? Sorry if I missed the solution (if it exists and is described here)
Strange that you don't have the smiley face. From the update files for 3.2.0, it seems that you should have it. The images for the Touch are etc/images/on-0.raw.gz up to on-10.raw.gz.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I really wish they'd bring that smiling face back. It gave the device a personality, and never failed to make me less angry when I had to do a pinhole reset because the damn thing had locked up ...
If one desperately wants the smiley face of the power on screen back, I guess one could find the image files (kraken-on-0.raw.gz and so on up to kraken-on-10.raw.gz for Glo for instance) on the reset partition, and copy them to etc/images.
Edit: Producing those image files by oneself would be another option.

Last edited by tshering; 03-28-2014 at 05:24 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote