Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #31
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Wait... What?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #32
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
We don't have any money. so we're going to have to THINK!

I opened a top-less car wash... I figured we're clean up. Every time it rained, we've have to close. Then we found out people were taking advantage of our closing, and leaving their cars out to get clean.

I figured we couldn't lose with a sandwich shop. Totally specialized... we'd make whatever you want. Just bring in the bread, fixin's, anything you wanted on it, and we'd make it. Seems people were too lazy to bring their stuff to us -- they wanted US to supply the food. Where's the profit in THAT?

The only think left is the bar. We're operating it on the honor system. You bring your own booze. You wait your own table. You mix your down drink. You pay for your own drink. Honestly, don't slip yourself an extra shot for the tip. First, that's dishonest. Second, well, I could use the extra shot, and I can't afford to tip myself. I once tried to tip myself an extra fiver to see if it made a difference in the quality or strength of the drink. It did in the beginning, but by the end of the night, the drinks were really sloppy, and I forgot to leave the tip. hint: Get tipped up front. The next time, it started out better, but my bartender wandered off before the night was over, and I didn't see him again until the morning. Funny thing, he slept at my place that night. That's ok, I think I spent the night out somewhere.
This goes for the trades, also. If you need a payoff, you're on your honor to take just as much as you need, and leave the rest. Also, suppliers have to agree not to charge too much. We're thinking of serving food, too, once I meet somebody with a roller-fridge with a side of beef in it and somebody who'll loan me a stove a month at a time.

Having a problem with hostesses... all of the buxom ones leave as soon as they find out how much they're not paid. The others become patrons, and we never get rid of them.

I'm thinking of starting a lady's night exchange. Buy a drink, take a lady home. buy two drinks, take two ladies home. Don't go over 3 drinks, you'll forget what you came for. I know I did.

We're working on putting the bathroom in now. Plumber is great, and he's getting paid in beer. Got a great deal. Good flow rate, high volume fixture, but only one, and he's always in front of it. He pees faster than he can drink -- and he can drink pretty fast, so we're drawing a vacuum from the rest of the bar.

The skylight idea was sweet, but the tenant upstairs won't go for it unless we support them putting in a pool. Our lawyers are disgusting now.

Any ideas, please chiime innn
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:46 AM   #33
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Wait... What?
My, you've come late to this party. See page one, post one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvisconte View Post
Our lawyers are disgusting now.
Your lawyers were always disgusting. (They all are, it's in the contract.)

Quote:
chiime innn
Rather an odd name for a bar, but as you like it.

I'll have another.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
goodness, dealing with all this construction, not to mention the management issues, seems to have gotten you all turned around. i think you could use a nice quiet drink. unfortunately those are hard to come by around here, so maybe we should just go out for a zany carter deluxe right away and get it over with. i know a place i think you'll like. it's not far, just come right this way.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pshrync, zelda