Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #46
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi Andy,

Following up from Pushka's advice I tried using my Australian Visa and address for 1-Click Payments and putting my US address in under "Your Country". Sure enough, I can make purchases from the US Kindle selection and don't even need to bother with gift certificates.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #47
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by andystar70 View Post
Hey folks, new user here. Thanks for this - it has been really helpful and helped me decide to buy a Kindle. I am in Australia but I want access to the wider range of books. I have a US address (my folks are there) so I can set up a US account to send gift certificates to easily.

Really glad to find this forum! My Kindle is meant to arrive Friday and I can't wait!
You email the gift certificates to yourself and use them immediately by entering in the codes when you purchase.

You will love your kindle and once you get the 1click set up - oh gosh, so many books to buy!
Ah Robbie, that is cool too! I keep buying myself gift certicates - coz then I dont freak every time I buy a book! And when the $ run out I have to wait before buying myself another one!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #48
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
I bought a Kindle International residing to the fact that I'd have to just deal with what was available on the Australian Kindle store. But this method is just so simple and works perfectly. I advise any Australians to give this a shot as I now have access to a load more popular books.
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:17 AM   #49
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Good luck with the Kindle, Andy, and welcome to the forum. I thought long and hard before buying my Kindle, but I'm delighted I did. I hope you will be too.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #50
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
The other advantage of the gift certificate system, is that you can top it up when the exchange rate is high (as it currently is) making books a little cheaper than would otherwise occur, cos I am not convinced we will keep the exchange rate where it is.
It also sets a budget to work to, I suspect it will be far to easy with the one click system to think, mmm want a new book, click and not think too much about the cost.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote