Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
jessTay
Connoisseur
jessTay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2! YAY
trouble chopping off margins/ cropping

Hi there,

I recently bought a kindle and have gotten started using it. I wanted to be able to read pdf stories on it or literary articles for school. Unfortunately, the ones I wanted to test this on were horribly scanned in... black spaces around where the book actually was.. two pages to one page of pdf.

Any suggestions for a program I could use? I've tried a couple already. I tried PDFcropper, which worked really well for the first page, but then it would show me the other pages so I could edit them (full problem in sticky pdfcropper thread). I tried papercrop as well and it didn't change my documents at all. I also tried PDFread, which just made my PDFs really pixally and didn't divide them in the right place.

I feel like I'm missing something here. Am I doing everything wrong? Thanks for your help!
jessTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
If the original scans were horrible, there's not too much you can do, but do try soPDF and perhaps PDFLRF--through that would generate a Sony LRF, though you could convert it to mobi in calibre afterwards.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert