Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
Matth3w
Matth3w began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Calibre and your 505

What settings do you use to convert *.lit files in Calibre to make them look the best on your Sony 505?

I have been tinkering with different settings, but some of the settings I'm not quite sure what I should do.
Matth3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
What settings do you use to convert *.lit files in Calibre to make them look the best on your Sony 505?

I have been tinkering with different settings, but some of the settings I'm not quite sure what I should do.
I use a custom LIT->EPUB pipeline which takes into account many MSReader renderer quirks (default font size is CSS 'small' rather than 'medium' and has a default static size of 13pts), forces not only my preferred font-size but leading as well, and embeds my favorite typeface.

Ok, not very helpful, but I'm working on getting at least the quirk-accounting part integrated into Calibre.

For actual now-helpfulness, I find margins of 12 12 8 12 points (clockwise from the top) is enough to keep the dreaded page numbers away from my precious text and also look fairly balanced.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert