Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
FBReader 0.10.0 for iLiad

Well, it seems that introduction is not needed. Here it is. Everything needed is in the compressed file. Download and unpack the package to /media/card/programs (at least 100 mb free required), and there will be a "fbreader" directory. Execute from contentlister. If FBReader seems not start, push down-arrow button, the LED light will start to flash. Some libs in the package may not be needed for FBReader, I hate to check it.

Nothing is ripped from source code. Still buggy, but it seems faster than v0.8.17 on my iLiad.

Download here: Because there is some question as to such release is proper, so I remove the download link.

If you want to integrate it with contentlister, modification to registry.xml is required. I have inserted required code (only one line) before compile. You might want to ref this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...79&postcount=6

Strange! I can build a iLiad port, but I can't build one for my Linux PC.

Added:
I made some modification to the original toobar config to fit my own needs. There will be several buttons not shown on original FBReader.They are: prevpage, nextpage, quit, fullscreen, increase font size, decrease font size. You might want to modify toolbar.xml to fit your needs.

The non-stop led light is solvable, but I have to insert several lines of code in different places to make it. Maybe someday...

Last edited by ericshliao; 01-14-2009 at 02:32 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Wow, this was kind of the fastest port ever! Don't have time to try it now, but just one question: What about the Feedbooks integration? Does it work on the device, given I started a network connection? (well, those were two questions, but... )
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I'm not sure we should be releasing ports for applications that don't even try to use the iLiad's built in libraries. 100MB for a reading program that when ported correctly can easily fit in the root directory seems a bit excessive...

Just my $.02
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 AM   #4
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Please execuse me that I can't make a port using built-in lib provided by iLiad. To fit my special needs (I have some applications not runnable with built-in libs), I have my own cros-compile environment built from scratch. Then, I found it's relatively east to port programs without built-in libs. So, I switched to newer libs. It is burdensome for me to maintain another cross-compile environment. So I can't make a port using built-in libs.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
I would like to try FBReader 0.10.0 -- is it available anywhere? Ideally I would like a version that gives menus and also allows one to open files by double-clicking on them (automatically adding them to the library). I use this program on a Nokia n800 and like it a lot -- but unfortunately the 2 available versions for the Iliad are (for me) not really usable.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why post about a release and then remove the link? Either you are releasing it or not. It's not fair to everyone who might want to try it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why post about a release and then remove the link? Either you are releasing it or not. It's not fair to everyone who might want to try it.
Before I removed the download link, there were probabily 150 views. I assume 10 percent tried it. So there might be 15 people tried this release. Since there was not a feedback (except a doubt as to the size of the package), you can think this release is totally junk and useless.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Would be glad to provide constructive feedback

If you make your version of FBReader available, I will be glad to provide constructive feedback. I think others would be also. It would be wonderful to get a version of this extraordinarily useful program that gives access to all its features and runs smoothly and quickly.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:52 AM   #9
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Yes, please put the link back. Just make it clear that this port did not attempt to use the iLiad copies of libraries, so the download will be very large.

Personally, I am OK with a 100MB download for now, until a better port is done. There are probably some others too.

Thanks.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #10
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Before I removed the download link, there were probabily 150 views. I assume 10 percent tried it. So there might be 15 people tried this release. Since there was not a feedback (except a doubt as to the size of the package), you can think this release is totally junk and useless.
Don't get into a depressive mood

Of course it is more useful and rewarding to publish tested and efficient software releases, but experiments and 'proof of concept' releases are stimulating as well!

I'll send you some karma to bring pull you back on the track

Have fun!

PS: if you manage to compile newer versions of libraries, AND manage to compile the existing irex stuff with them, it might be very interesting for the open-iliad project!
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Don't get into a depressive mood

Of course it is more useful and rewarding to publish tested and efficient software releases, but experiments and 'proof of concept' releases are stimulating as well!

I'll send you some karma to bring pull you back on the track

Have fun!

PS: if you manage to compile newer versions of libraries, AND manage to compile the existing irex stuff with them, it might be very interesting for the open-iliad project!
Agreed. I didn't mean anything harmful by my original post. I just didn't think that a 100MB software release should be considered the final/proper port of the app. Especially because it can easily fit on the internal memory if done using the internal libs.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
i am waiting for fbreader 0.10.2
i reported an important for me bug and as i understand they fixed it.
This bug: pictures are not with their own description below in mobi files
Its very important for me because when im reading medical books there are a lot of pictures and schemes with descriptions.
I know that this version will be released at the begining of february.
So i hope somebody will port this version for iliad
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:01 AM   #13
Ido Ilan
Enthusiast
Ido Ilan began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Technologies Iliad
Red face

Hi,

Please,
I want FBReader 0.10.0 for iLiad.
It would be nice if it fit into internal memory, if not I still want it.

Ido
Ido Ilan is offline   Reply With Quote