Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Moe Shinola
Moe Shinola began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 101 10"
Will the Archos 101 work with Calibre?

The newest Android, Ice Cream Sandwich, is scheduled for this tablet. Will it act as a removable drive, like the software requires?
Moe Shinola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It currently works with Calibre as a generic Android device. AFAIK there's nothing in ICS that should change that behavior.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It may depend on whether Archos 101 has removable storage or not, see Ice Cream Sandwich supports USB mass storage after all, Galaxy Nexus does not.

There are other ways to get ebooks from Calibre to a device, but I agree that USB sideloading is the simplest.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
There are other ways to get ebooks from Calibre to a device
True. My Calibre library is in my DropBox folder so I usually just download books over wireless instead of connecting via USB (I don't run the Calibre server).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
Moe Shinola
Moe Shinola began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 101 10"
Thanks for the replies, folks!
Moe Shinola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert