Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
Yvonne1
Yvonne1 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus blue
Opus does not work with Windows7

Just bought a Cybook Opus this weekend and plugged it into my laptop (Windows 7). The reader was not recognized by Windows and even worse, the reader FROZE complety. Tried to reset but that didn't work. Eventually i disconnected the battery and that worked.
The reader was charging.

I've read somewhere that it could be a cable problem (cable was delivered with the reader) but i do not think that's it, because when I plugged it in at my desktop at work (XP) it worked perfectly.
Yvonne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
It do work with windows 7. Whatever the problem is, it's not windows 7 in itself.

Are you sure the reset did not work ? it sometimes don't refresh the screen, giving the impression that noting happened, when the reader is actually off.

Is that a 32 bit version or 64 of win 7 ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #3
Yvonne1

it's 32bit
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
I have no problem with Windows 7 and my Opus. Of course the Opus has to be switched on for Windows 7 to 'see' the device. Also, I've noticed that it takes longer for Windows 7 to recognise either the Opus or the Gen3 than Vista did, so perhaps you're not waiting long enough?

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
Yvonne1

Thanks for your comments. I tried it when the reader was switched on and it said that is was connected, but still my laptop did not see it.
How long do you think I should wait?
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
It's shoudn't be that long. 1-2 minutes max.

Have you tried looking the windows's disk manager ? See if the cybook show up there ? (do NOT try to format or anything though).
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Try different USB ports, front and back, they are not all equal.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #8
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
It's shoudn't be that long. 1-2 minutes max.
Yep, 1-2 minutes max. Vista 'saw' my Gen3 instantly, but Windows 7 takes a minute or two.

Have you tried Calibre to see if it will recognise that you've got the Opus plugged in?

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #9
Yvonne1

Thank you all for your help and replies. Turns out that it was the firmware.
Installed it on the reader and everything worked perfectly!

Tags
cybook, opus, windows 7