Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
tdproffitt
tdproffitt began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Palm TX
I found this review of the Hanlin v5. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the review, they have a video of the unit in TTS mode. The voice is female and sounds similar to what you hear on GPS units. I expect that the EZReader Pro would sound the same (can't see Jinke changing it for a particular reseller).

http://ebookreaderv.blogspot.com/200...in-v5-hot.html
tdproffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks Zelda and Harry!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
The V5 TTS voice is Female human voice on both English and Chinese.
She read very clear and quite easy for listening on earphone.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can an uninflected TTS voice really work for Chinese? I would have thought that, for a "tonal" language like Chinese, inflections were absolutely essential! Or does it have them?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #20
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Dear sian:

I am sure you and your friend will be pleased and will find it a valuable aid!
we cant wait, we have a kindle 2, we order the pocket pro last week the good with kindle is its got a keyboard (i have some dificuitly holding the stylus on my pda so the keyboard was good idea . kindle 2 has peech which is invaluble. all tts have some degree of improvement and we were using this as our guide for the pocket pro.)

i can wait to be able to use the multible forrmats on the pocket pro. this and the sd card is what missing from the kindle2. the funny thing was i looked at the ereader.com site but my comp decided to close down while the site was loading . if that hadnt happened we would never got a kindle 2.

im itching to get pp.
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Can an uninflected TTS voice really work for Chinese? I would have thought that, for a "tonal" language like Chinese, inflections were absolutely essential! Or does it have them?
TTS can have tonal features. The basic problem is that it cannot be based on content or relationship between words except as defined by a separate specialized phrase list.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #22
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sian View Post
I love the txt to speech on the ez reader (5 -"pocket pro) and the 20+ ebook formats. Im disabled and find i use the read to me option all the time . my partner visiual impared so it alson means he can read his ebooks again now. where as in the past he had lots of ebooks but no way to read em.
because i and my partner user tts alot we have both found that we can roughtly guess how it will sound on a new device. we are awaiting the delivery of our pocket pro.

we love tts hope manufactures dont forget that there are people in the world who use tts as a aid to everyday life.

if it was taken off it would be like me not using my power chair to get about
we love the fact astak poket pro has multiple ebook formats
which was why we chose it

it mean alot more choice for us and i struggle to find converters for my kindle 2
im so excited

ps wonder how manufactures would make a braille ebook read like the pocket pro my parner doesn't like audio cd books.

Last edited by sian; 09-06-2009 at 07:34 PM.
sian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezreader, tts