Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #16
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
I have to say that although I think the Paperwhite 1 is crap, it only took amazon 4 days to get it to me in S.E. Asia.
Different department I guess.

Now it's coming back to me: they used DHL and the refund was indeed slow.

Last edited by mahtin; 07-18-2014 at 07:27 AM.
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:49 AM   #17
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Phew, it's suddenly obvious to me why Amazon wants those delivery drones... ;-)
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #18
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
I'm currently waiting for Kobo to get back to after I raised an issue with a book in their store - I'll report when they get back to me!

But I was wondering what they tended to do when you report a problem with a book on their store? In the case of this book (Kim Stanley Robinson's "Green Mars") there's an unexpected publisher logo graphic in between two paragraphs.

I can totally fix this trivial bug using Sigil of course (and Apprentice Alf), but what do Kobo normally do here?

The last time I complained to a book store (Sony) they promptly shut their virtual doors so I don't really have a feeling for how able stores are to fix problems.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #19
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
I'm currently waiting for Kobo to get back to after I raised an issue with a book in their store - I'll report when they get back to me!

But I was wondering what they tended to do when you report a problem with a book on their store? In the case of this book (Kim Stanley Robinson's "Green Mars") there's an unexpected publisher logo graphic in between two paragraphs.

I can totally fix this trivial bug using Sigil of course (and Apprentice Alf), but what do Kobo normally do here?

The last time I complained to a book store (Sony) they promptly shut their virtual doors so I don't really have a feeling for how able stores are to fix problems.
I contacted Kobo about an issue with book I bought (the book had black text on a black background - I couldn't read it.)

Kobo apologized and gave me a refund. They could not fix the issue stating the book is provided by the publisher and it would be the publisher that decides the look and format.

I expect a similar response from Kobo.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #20
U2Bono269
Connoisseur
U2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad Air 2
I had an issue with a book I bought from Kobo a few months ago. The formatting was HORRIBLE and amateurish. I feel that if I spend money on a professionally published book, I should get a certain level of quality. They refunded my money pretty quickly, and I got to keep the book, even though I didn't want to read it anymore (I'm a bit picky).

I had a similar issue with Amazon. I bought a Doctor Who book, and it was the wrong edition. They advertised it as "The Monster Collection" but it turned out to just be the regular edition. They refunded my money immediately, took the book down, and sent me an email 2 days later to say the problem was rectified and I could purchase the book again. Worked perfectly.
U2Bono269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #21
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suspect you're right, RZetlin.

I guess morally I ought to delete the malformed book if they refund me...
Old 07-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #22
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Bono269 View Post
I had an issue with a book I bought from Kobo a few months ago. The formatting was HORRIBLE and amateurish. I feel that if I spend money on a professionally published book, I should get a certain level of quality. They refunded my money pretty quickly, and I got to keep the book, even though I didn't want to read it anymore (I'm a bit picky).

I had a similar issue with Amazon. I bought a Doctor Who book, and it was the wrong edition. They advertised it as "The Monster Collection" but it turned out to just be the regular edition. They refunded my money immediately, took the book down, and sent me an email 2 days later to say the problem was rectified and I could purchase the book again. Worked perfectly.
Oh, that was nice of Kobo to let you keep it. Did you think about fixing it yourself?

That was a much better response by Amazon although in that case it was simply a mislabelled book.

Given the publishers make a point that all the proof-reading, editing, production costs are a reason ebook prices are high, you'd think they'd actually be able to correct published books. Hm.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #23
U2Bono269
Connoisseur
U2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad Air 2
I suspect that their letting me keep the book was just an oversight. I tried to clean it up, but even so I found it annoying after 20 pages or so and stopped reading it. It was also a pretty terrible book.

Yesterday, I downloaded "Nobody's Angel" (from the Hard Case Crime series) on Kindle Unlimited. No TOC, no cover page, no copyright info, no indents, bad paragraph breaks, wonky justification. It actually looked like a badly converted PDF. I immediately returned it. But they're charging $6 for that book...it's a shame.
U2Bono269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #24
chrisridd
Guru

Still no reply from Kobo, though I have had a customer satisfaction survey which has let me vent my spleen :-)

Does anyone understand their "we will respond in 48 business hours" statement? Could be 2 days, could be 6.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #25
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Still no reply from Kobo, though I have had a customer satisfaction survey which has let me vent my spleen :-)

Does anyone understand their "we will respond in 48 business hours" statement? Could be 2 days, could be 6.
I suggest contacting the Kobo website again.

Go to Contact Customer Care->I have an existing inquiry.

Enter your ticket number and number.

They should be able to contact you by phone.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote