Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Johnny_Mnemonic
Johnny_Mnemonic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Paperwhite Metadata/Annotation Preservation

I transferred a bunch of non-DRM non-Amazon books to my Kindle Paperwhite. Unfortunately I neglected to transfer them with the appropriate Author Sort metadata (Author fields were "Author first name Author last name" with author sort set to have them sorted correctly on-device, which I now know the Kindle does not support). I am familiar with the Calibre option to transfer these books to my Kindle the way I would like. I am prepared to remove all the books from the device and re-transfer them with the appropriate metadata. If I do this, will I lose my annotations for these books? (non-amazon book annotations are not stored on the Amazon server). If I will lose them, what is the best way to preserve my book annatations and update the author metadata in my books currently on my kindle?
Johnny_Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved thread to the devices forum, hopefully someone with insight will be along shortly.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert