Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #226
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kate View Post
Funny name for a series of books, but I totally loved this dystopian fantasy series. Any fans out there for Wool?

Wool 1,2,3,4,5, is actually a series of short stories about a civilization living in an underground silo (all 141 floors), where bad behavior is punished by exile to the surface. Short reads, but totally fascinating.

I actually purchased the Wool 1 by mistake for 0.99 on Amazon.com, and what a good mistake that turned out to be.
I bought the omnibus edition when they had it on the daily deal recently... haven't started yet, but am looking forward to it.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #227
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
I would be a bit scared of buying a "signed special edition", when the author just now found out that it is available..
I think he meant that he just found out it was the book of the month, he knew about the signed copies just wasn't aware of the other. http://www.hughhowey.com/an-unbelievable-honour/
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #228
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I haven't seen it mentioned here on MR, but just saw a post on SF Signal about Hugh's reading of his latest, an Amazon Single called "Walk Up Nameless Ridge" at WorldCon. It's available to stream or download.

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/201...ameless-ridge/

Link to Kindle Single ($0.99 or free to Prime members)

http://www.amazon.com/Nameless-Ridge...dp/B0095WWGN8/

Last edited by jgaiser; 10-16-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Added Amazon Single link
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #229
hughhowey
Enthusiast
hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I think he meant that he just found out it was the book of the month, he knew about the signed copies just wasn't aware of the other. http://www.hughhowey.com/an-unbelievable-honour/
Exactly. Well, I was also surprised to see how many of these editions were for sale. I haven't signed them yet. They've sold out as pre-orders, and I'll be in London in February for some release stuff, and will sign them at that time. Really looking forward to visiting this bookshop. They have all kinds of old books and collectibles. It'll be interesting to see if I can leave with my wallet intact.
hughhowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #230
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Just wrapped up book 3 in the series and I can't help but imagine this not being made into a movie. One of the best books I have ever read. I am now a huge fan. Phenomenal writer. Taking my time cuz I hate to see it end.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #231
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
I just finished up the series last night. It's weird, I can see why everyone likes this and I kinda do too. It's well written, it's got the sci-fi PA theme that I always love but...there's something missing for me. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe my expectations were too high?
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #232
jarrahloh
Cageside Chronicles
jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kobo Touch, iPhone
Downloaded the first for free and really liked it, so I got the omnibus.
jarrahloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #233
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you purchased the Wool Omnibus from Amazon you can get the Whispersync for Voice-ready companion audiobook from Audible for the very low price of $1.99.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #234
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I downloaded the first book for free. I haven't yet finished it but I'm really enjoying it. I'll be getting the other books as well. Should I get each book individually or get the omnibus? Is there like a difference or something?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #235
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
I downloaded the first book for free. I haven't yet finished it but I'm really enjoying it. I'll be getting the other books as well. Should I get each book individually or get the omnibus? Is there like a difference or something?
I'd personally just buy the Omnibus. The books flow together so much that they merely feel like chapter breaks.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #236
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I'd personally just buy the Omnibus. The books flow together so much that they merely feel like chapter breaks.
Ok. Thanks!
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #237
twowheels
Wizard

Finished Wool Omnibus last night, and if you're on the fence, definitely read it. I immediately used my single loan privilege to loan it to a friend who has introduced me to a number of other authors.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #238
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Second Shift, which takes place after the prequel First Shift, is out! I just picked it up from B&N.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #239
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
Second Shift, which takes place after the prequel First Shift, is out! I just picked it up from B&N.
Thanks for the pointer. Just bought it from Amazon.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #240
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
Great news! Just bought it from B&N too!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote