Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Sakura
Enthusiast
Sakura began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & DX
Will iPad 3G purchased in USA work in other countries?

Are carrier frequencies different in countries other than the USA, or are the iPads manufactured to be compatible with carrier frequencies in other countries?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
The iPad 3G supports:
UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

I checked a few other country Apple sites-and they show the same frequencies-so it seems as though there is just one model so far.

I have read success stories of people using the US bought iPad in Germany and the U.K. on their 3G networks. The real issue is the availability of the micro-SIM format, I think.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Same for France, i've seen several working here in the past weeks...
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
m@rtin
m@rtin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Yeah, the ipad should work pretty much everywhere, as long as a 3G/GSM network is available. I live in the UK but was in New York for the ipad 3G launch and couldn't resist getting one. I tried cutting down a standard sim card to micro sim size and it works perfectly. The ipad is unlocked as standard so as long as you have a valid sim, it will work.
m@rtin is offline   Reply With Quote