Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 04-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #166
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
The problem here really is just my dear ISP (Verizon) behaving badly. I can't access my server either from outside right now. I think I am connected to a flaky router on Verizon's end. I will disconnect tonight for a while and then re-attach and hopefully I'll get a different DHCP address and a better router (unfortunately I don't have a static IP so there are a few moving parts in keeping my server visible and accessible).

If anyone else wants to volunteer a more reliable WebDAV server for the publish/subscribe facility feel free to contact me.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #167
InspectorGadget
Enthusiast
InspectorGadget is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500
Oh, it's Verizon.

They're probably too busy doing "you know what" to actually provide a product or service. Thanks for letting me know.

BTW, I'm really into this eBook idea and the extra dimensions that rss gives it. I also have a very reliable FreeBSD server on a permanent link. Email me and let's talk about it.
InspectorGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #168
Echoloc8
Echoloc8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Greetings all, just wanted to mention that, probably from the same outage keeping everyone from geekraver's feed server, the MSI is unavailable for the Rss2Book app itself.

Sigh, and I just got HTMLDoc installed.

-Rich
Echoloc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #169
fritz_the_blank
fritz_the_blank began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Dear GeekRaver--

I have have a site that has 99.9% uptime. I can't install components on it (it is a web hosting server and I don't have RDP access) but I am happy to provide space if that helps.

FtB
fritz_the_blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:50 AM   #170
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The basic requirement of a publish/subscribe server is WebDAV filesystem support; I believe IIS has this and Apache certainly does via the DAV module. If anyone has a reliable server with that then I can make the switch.
Advert
Old 04-08-2007, 01:57 AM   #171
geekraver
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoloc8
Greetings all, just wanted to mention that, probably from the same outage keeping everyone from geekraver's feed server, the MSI is unavailable for the Rss2Book app itself.

Sigh, and I just got HTMLDoc installed.

-Rich
Don't forget you can get it from download.com too. Not the latest version (I think they have rel 22 at present while I have rel 24), but its a start.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #172
adinb
RSS & Gadget Addict!
adinb is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500, iPod Touch, iPhone
I also have some hosting space, and I'd love to make ASmallOrange earn their pennies since I don't use my account all that much.
adinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:17 AM   #173
Echoloc8

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver
Don't forget you can get it from download.com too. Not the latest version (I think they have rel 22 at present while I have rel 24), but its a start.
When I search on C|net's download.com, "rss2book" and "geekraver" both give me no results in regular or advanced search. Am I just being dense? :-)

-Rich
Old 04-09-2007, 12:19 AM   #174
Echoloc8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoloc8
When I search on C|net's download.com, "rss2book" and "geekraver" both give me no results in regular or advanced search. Am I just being dense? :-)
Whoops, yes I was. It's "web2book".

Thanks!

-Rich
Old 04-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #175
mantici
mantici began at the beginning.

oK Ok OK. . .i GIVE (Please help)

i'm trying. . .and i'm a developer. . .so you'd think that this regex stuff would be simple. . . but it's just not workin. . . anyone???

here's the details:

im trying to pull:
http://www.newstimeslive.com/rss/local_news.xml

the place for content is:
http://www.newstimeslive.com/storyprint.php?id=1043582

XML link data is:
<link>http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1043582</link>

so you say . . .OH that's easy!!!!
LE = link
LEP = (\d+)
LR = http://www.newstimeslive.com/storyprint.php?id={0}

and boom i'm done. . . NOT.

i get:
Processing News Times Local
Got link from RSS: http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1043639
Mon,09 Apr 2007 11:04:20 -0400 is in range

Done link extraction{0} = 3
Reformatted link is http://www.newstimeslive.com/storyprint.php?id=3

where on EARTH does 3 come from???? the LAST character. . . but that's not the regex i entered

so i try LEP = id=(\d+)

i get:

Processing News Times Local
Got link from RSS: http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1043639
Mon,09 Apr 2007 11:04:20 -0400 is in range

Done link extraction{0} = 949
Reformatted link is http://www.newstimeslive.com/storyprint.php?id=949
Final content:

HUH??? 949??? that's not even in the string!!!!
this doesn't make any sense. . . when i put this into REGEX testers online, it seems to work.
Any thoughts to what i'm doing wrong???

an example of an XML RSS item is:

<item>
<link>http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1043583</link>
<description xmlns:cf="http://www.microsoft.com/schemas/rss/core/2005" cf:type="html">An Evening of Brahms. Join the Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra Saturday at 8 p.m. for a &amp;quot;Brahms Blockbuster.&amp;quot; The concert will be at Ridgefield High School's auditorium, 700 North Salem Road (Route 116). Pianist Rui Shi will perform with the orchestra. Tickets are $25, $40 and $50 for adults and $15, $25 and $30 for youths 18 and under. For reservations call the RSO office at (203) 438-3889. </description>
<pubDate>Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:04:03 GMT</pubDate>
<atomublished xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">2007-04-09T12:04:03Z</atomublished>
<atom:updated xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">2007-04-09T12:04:03Z</atom:updated>
<cfi:id>988</cfi:id><cfi:read>true</cfi:read>
<cfi:downloadurl>http://www.newstimeslive.com/rss/local_news.xml</cfi:downloadurl>
<cfi:lastdownloadtime>2007-04-09T12:15:12.647Z</cfi:lastdownloadtime>
</item>

<item>

Last edited by mantici; 04-09-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: fixed typo in content link
mantici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:17 AM   #176
geekraver
Addict

You don't have the "Apply extractor to linked content..." checkbox checked, do you?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #177
pclewis
Enthusiast
pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
LRF Fails

Hi Geekraver:

I upgraded to 2.4 from 2.3 on a Vista Machine. When I try to do a RSS to LRF I get a crash of Web2Book. I turned off direct sycn directely to the reader, and a file is generated in HTM even though I set LRF. This file reads using the browser. I assume you must download .htm and convert to LRF. I assume this is where the crash is. I went back and tested 2.3 and it also makes a HTM when set to LRF, however, it does not crash.

When I use RTF, all is well. So, what do you think? Thought you might want to know.

Also, I cannot get RSS Subscriptions to load. Does this come from your server that is down?

Phil
pclewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #178
mantici
mantici began at the beginning.

ahhh sweet Jesus. . . why yes it is geekraver. . . . i suppose i should have heeded my own advise. . . RTFM.

Geekraver, you da man! AMAZING software.. . expect a donation.
mantici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:18 AM   #179
geekraver
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclewis
Hi Geekraver:

I upgraded to 2.4 from 2.3 on a Vista Machine. When I try to do a RSS to LRF I get a crash of Web2Book. I turned off direct sycn directely to the reader, and a file is generated in HTM even though I set LRF. This file reads using the browser. I assume you must download .htm and convert to LRF. I assume this is where the crash is. I went back and tested 2.3 and it also makes a HTM when set to LRF, however, it does not crash.

When I use RTF, all is well. So, what do you think? Thought you might want to know.

Also, I cannot get RSS Subscriptions to load. Does this come from your server that is down?

Phil
Once the HTML is generated there is not much left to do other than run it through the Librie DLLs that do the conversion. You may find a diagnostic log in your root directory in the C: drive for this process. Let me look into this tonight; I have to run out now and am in training all day.

As for subscribing, yes, my Internet connectivity is flaky. Verizon has some bad routers and it can be difficult to get disassociated from them (and only once in 5 years have I ever got hold of a tech support person there who wasn't near braindead and reading from a script, telling me to reboot my Windows PCs when my whole network, including Macs and Linux box, where equally affected). Inspector Gadget has offered to help and I'll make a rel 25 soon that will fall back to his site.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #180
Fugubot
Connoisseur
Fugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watch

Device: Sony Reader
Geekraver,

I heard Leo Laporte saying on net@nite that he bought a Sony Reader and I saw him discussing it on Jaiku. I posted to let him know about my enthusiasm for web2book and he said he'd try it. I'm waiting to see if he mentions it on any of his podcasts.
Fugubot is offline   Reply With Quote