Old 11-23-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
Reader shows up as "Error" in Sony EBL Software

Hello,

My newest drama with the EBL software that comes with the sony reader is:

my PRS-600 shows up as "Error" in the left window pane of the EBL software. It used to be called "Reader" and had sub menu items, now it is just "Error". What's confusing is that it was fine until today! I don't think I did anything weird?

Anyone have any hints, other than reinstalling for the FIFTH time?

Thanks!

R

(OSX 10.6.2, eReader PRS - 600, EBL version 3.0.00.08240)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ereader.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	39845  
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
rvdparis
Connoisseur

This problem is not unique to me, unfortunately:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....88370&tstart=0

But this may be a solution:

This may be a solution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Reader) :

Mac OS X
Sony released an official Mac OS X client for the Reader with the release of the PRS-300 and PRS-600. It is reported to work with the PRS-505, PRS-700, Reader Pocket Edition and Reader Touch Edition. The software works under 10.6 Snow Leopard, but only under 32 bit mode as it relies on a kernel module that does not currently support the optional 64 bit kernel.

I'll try it out and get back.

Last edited by rvdparis; 11-24-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
rvdparis
Connoisseur

That solved it.

For mac users: do not boot into 64-bit mode (holding down the 6 and 4 on the keyboard while booting).

The option to boot just the application in 32-bit mode is not available when you click Ctrl-I.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
!#@$!$#$!#$!!!! errrr.... "My, that is certainly annoying!"

Just replaced my 5 year old MB with a new MBP yesterday and, guess what? Reader Library doesn't work.

I'm having a hard time accepting the idea that I should reboot my i7 system into 32bit mode whenever I want to buy something from Sony.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
eBookboy
eBookboy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS300
The problem is that Reader Library is not compatible with 64bit kernel, but here is a workaround, I hope this info helps =)

[edit non-forum promotion signature - moderator]

eBookBoy

Last edited by dreams; 08-03-2011 at 01:43 AM.
eBookboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #6
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
The reader library works fine with 64-bit apart from recognising your ereader, you can buy, d/l, organise, whatever with Sony's software but to transfer to your reader just drag 'n' drop from library books folder to your reader which will be mounted as a disk drive anyway...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #7
sonyreaderfan
Groupie
sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader Prs 950, iPad
This problem has been asked about numerous times over the last 3 months. Maybe someone can make of the the threads asking about the Sony Library Program and this error sticky
sonyreaderfan is offline   Reply With Quote