Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
dude123
dude123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
11.000 Ebooks for the Sony PRS Ebook reader! :)

Hi, i'm a new member and wanted you to know about this great deal for the Sony PRS !
Here you can get free Ebooks (when you look at the demo) especially generated for the Sony PRS (PRS-505,600,700 etc.) Ebook Reader - There are 11.000 awsome books of any genre for you to download with authors like :
William Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Joseph Conrad, Thomas Hardy, Jules Verne,H Rider Haggard, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Dickens, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Thomas Hardy, George Eliot, George Gissing, H G Wells, Rudyard Kipling, Mark Twain, Grimm

There are also multiple languages! (English,Dutch,German,French etc. 93% is english though)

at http://lifetimeebooks.net

Happy downloading ! -

cheers!

Last edited by dude123; 10-07-2009 at 12:40 PM.
dude123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
9.95/month for PD books?
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
As I asked in another thread. What makes them better/different than free sources like MR, Feedbooks and Manybooks?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Seems suspicious to me as well. Please explain whether these are the same books already available from Project Guttenberg and Google books or are they something different?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
dude123
dude123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
these are all .lrf files generated for the sony prs. Check the ebooklist maybe you'll get your answer there wouldn't know..

cheers
dude123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude123 View Post
these are all .lrf files generated for the sony prs. Check the ebooklist maybe you'll get your answer there wouldn't know..

cheers

And what is your relationship to this website?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
kennyc

I actually don't want Sony formatted files. And I particularly don't want public domain epub files that have been auto converted to lrf files.

Epub please.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Seems suspicious to me as well. Please explain whether these are the same books already available from Project Guttenberg and Google books or are they something different?
Well, the one I looked at from the demo looked to be the LRF output of
PG -> GutenMark -> Calibre...

While there's no mention of PG on the site, the book has the PG license - I wonder if the site owner's really read the license?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I actually don't want Sony formatted files. And I particularly don't want public domain epub files that have been auto converted to lrf files.

Epub please.
Even if they are epub I wouldn't pay 9.95 per month for something that is legally freely available in many other places.

Looks like some chancers trying to make a quick buck - I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Well, the one I looked at from the demo looked to be the LRF output of
PG -> GutenMark -> Calibre...

While there's no mention of PG on the site, the book has the PG license - I wonder if the site owner's really read the license?

Thanks for checking that Gwyn. I wasn't feeling it even worth that at this point.

and biblio most all of the downloads I've made from PG and Google are epub already -- just download.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
FULL DISCLOSURE: Be Aware

This is a site that charges $9.95 per month for PD books.

Be careful with your money. All these books are in the public domain.

Thank you,
Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote