Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-10-2014, 07:17 AM   #1
rnuss
rnuss began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question iPad displays custom font for some .xhtml files but not all?

Hi everyone,

I am using embedded fonts in my ebook using the @font-face declaration in my linked css file. In Sigil everything looks good (all fonts display, correct size, formatting etc) but when I view the epub on the iPad the font works for some of my xhtml files but not all. It does pick up the rest of the formatting (size, alignment, colour) just not the font. Has anyone encountered this problem before / can shed any light on what this might be caused by?

I've combed through the code and everything looks good - css linked, paragraph styles correct, nothing amiss - but maybe I am missing something. I have attached the epub file if anyone would be kind enough to take a look. At the minute the xhtml files 00-title, 01-preface and 02-contents are displaying custom fonts ok on my iPad but 03-introduction is not.

Thanks in advance!
Rosa
Attached Files
File Type: epub 140122 POA 1-22 iPad WIP.epub (34.2 KB, 167 views)
rnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I assume you mean iBooks and not iPad in general...

You need to add the file com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml in the META-INF folder with the following content:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<display_options>
<platform name="*">
<option name="specified-fonts">true</option>
</platform>
</display_options>
This has been discussed/mentioned many, many, many times on this and other forums. Blame Apple.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
rnuss
rnuss began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ah, brilliant! Sorted. I presumed that lots of people would have had this problem, sorry for clogging up the forum with repeated threads, I had a look but I obviously wasn't searching the right terms. Thanks Toxaris
rnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
Tisha4870
Tisha4870 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5S, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I assume you mean iBooks and not iPad in general...

You need to add the file com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml in the META-INF folder with the following content:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<display_options>
<platform name="*">
<option name="specified-fonts">true</option>
</platform>
</display_options>
This has been discussed/mentioned many, many, many times on this and other forums. Blame Apple.
I've tried a similar code and my iBooks still didn't register the specified font on anything except <em> tags. I don't remember if what I used had the <platform name="*"> tag though. Would I put iBooks in where the '*' is to get it to works?
Tisha4870 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
@font-face, custom, font embedding, ipad, sigil