Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #16
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Your eyes must be much better than mine. (well, i wear glasses so this is no surprise at all)
Grin...you should be better of with glasses. Most people without them have slight problems, for example a cylindric abbaration, but not enough to correct them. But as soon as you start wearing glasses you make a correction for everything.

Most of the time I can see more than my wife
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #17
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Quote:
well, i wear glasses so this is no surprise at all
It is surprising that you wear glasses and still don't see
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
OpenInkpot seems to have manual zoom in that works. I agree with the point that it does not work good at all on the Cybook. I suspect nobody at Bookeen really tested to read a book not formatted especiallt for the wcreen size with it. If they had done they would have noticed what functionality was missing.
Hopefully the forthcoming Adobe software update for the Gen3 will give it the same PDF reflow capability that the Sony has which, by all accounts, works pretty well for many PDF files.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IorPerry View Post
I apologize to netseeker if I have offended him. But i don't think, i say only if he don't have a cybook can not judge its pdf support.

With soPdf the result is perfect, it is the tool I was looking for since I bought the cybook.
You did a pdf to lrc and lrc to mobi ?.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #20
IorPerry
IorPerry began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
You did a pdf to lrc and lrc to mobi ?.
No, the soPdf makes a new pdf from the source pdf, the new pdf has the pages without margin, and every page is split into 2.

see the attachment of first post of https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32066

I converted my pdf and copied all necessary font to my cybook. you can see them with the reader, File->Properties and it is a tab with fonts.

Now I have no excuse to not study...

Last edited by IorPerry; 03-16-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: orthographic correction
IorPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #21
Tluong
Tluong began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook & Kindle
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IorPerry View Post
The support for PDF inside the cybook is embarrassing!
I think it is so complicated cut out the margin in a pdf? ooo i must see the text section inside the 60% of screen, if i try to zoom, the scrool have only 2 position: with half margin and half text or half text and half margin!
The conversion with the reader lost all fortmat of table, index, figures!
This evering i want read the pdf: http://developer.download.nvidia.com..._Guide_2.1.pdf

Inside cybook all text is WHITE, if i try to convert to prc, copy it to the cybook, and open it from cybook, at page 2 it goes in stall!

I am every day more happy to have bought the cybook!

PS. if there are the support for images in folder i can convert every page to an image and open it... but it is missing! and i don't want 115 items in my library!
It is very frustrated to read the PDF file with Cybook.

However I found a very good way to have a PDF files which read perfectly with the reader.

First I have my files in MS Word format (original or by converting) than I go to this website: http://85.17.201.208/bookmaker/ to convert them to Cybook PDF, voila I had the perfect PDF files for Cybook. I even had the files in my Vietnamese language .
Tluong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #22
Tluong

Quote:
You must be joking, right? You didn't really expect that such a comlicated PDF, which is formatted for A4-display btw., could be well readable on a device with a 6'' display?

However I found a very good way to have a PDF files which read perfectly with the reader.

First I have my files in MS Word format (original or by converting) than I go to this website: http://85.17.201.208/bookmaker/ to convert them to Cybook PDF, voila I had the perfect PDF files for Cybook. I even had the files in my Vietnamese language .
Old 03-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #23
Tluong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
No it probably couldn't. The function of PDF as a format is clearly misunderstood. Once you publish your document as a pdf you give it its final look. If you format it to the size of A4 you will never be able to display it on a smaller screen without compromises. It's folly to expect good results in this situation and than rant about it if they're not delivered.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #24
Tluong

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
That's true.
It's also true the the cybook could do a better job at reading pdf's.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:29 AM   #25
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tluong View Post

Why do you go to so much trouble to create a fixed format lik PDF? If you have them in MW word format you can use MobiCreator to convert them to PRC. Then you have all the advantages of a real ebook format like reflowable, your own choise of fonts and also the font size.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, cybook, format, margin, pdf