Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Sketching Goodies

Good timing too, what with the updated PC Companion that actually makes at least the PDF Sketch & Merge usable.

Firstly, there are 4 PDFs attached below:
- a blank page (Blank.pdf)
- a page with 1/2" lines (Lines.pdf)
- a page with a 1/2 cm quad grid (Quad.pdf)
- a page with Graph paper: 1cm w/ 2mm divisions) (Graph.pdf)

All should be a 1:1 match with the DR1000S display, i.e. 1024x1280, 160DPI in portrait mode. However, they may not quite work out perfectly because of the way PDFs scale in general (completely disregarding anything "pixel"), and the screen DPI being a guestimate, so don't whip out a ruler quite yet... They have to be PDFs because that's the only format currently supporting the Merge feature.

How to use them:
- Copy them into the Writepads folder on your reader
- In the PC Companion software, apply "Convert to Template" to each one. This step needs to be done by you because the info is saved in the metadata.db file on your reader, not in the original files.
- On the DR1000: The PDFs should now appear in the Writepads folder, with a little round seal in the top left corner indicating they are templates.
- Open one, in the Zooming menu switch to Full Screen & Fit to Screen (or Hide Margins), and in the Writing menu pick a pen and start scribbling away!

NOTE: That's the only way to get them mostly undistorted. Zooming menu: 100% and optionally Full Screen works only for images... and those cannot be "merged" by the Companion software at this point.

UPDATE 2:
- Added "Lines_Narrow.pdf" (~1cm lines)
- Added 50-sheet "Pads" of each type
- Added source PNG files
- Removed Grayscale test images (will create new thread on the subject)

Hope you find all these useful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blank.png
Views:	502
Size:	793 Bytes
ID:	18176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Graph.png
Views:	594
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	18177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lines.png
Views:	516
Size:	795 Bytes
ID:	18178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lines_Narrow.png
Views:	499
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	18179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Quad.png
Views:	661
Size:	856 Bytes
ID:	18180  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blank.pdf (4.9 KB, 792 views)
File Type: pdf Lines.pdf (21.4 KB, 779 views)
File Type: pdf Quad.pdf (28.7 KB, 800 views)
File Type: pdf Graph.pdf (32.4 KB, 804 views)
File Type: pdf Lines_Narrow.pdf (6.1 KB, 704 views)
File Type: pdf Blank_Pad.pdf (122.7 KB, 558 views)
File Type: pdf Graph_Pad.pdf (1.04 MB, 686 views)
File Type: pdf Lines_Pad.pdf (700.8 KB, 661 views)
File Type: pdf Lines_Narrow_Pad.pdf (124.3 KB, 601 views)
File Type: pdf Quad_Pad.pdf (818.3 KB, 641 views)

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 11-21-2008 at 08:19 PM.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:58 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Great stuff Allovertheglobe. Iw as just in the process of starting to do my own graph one

With the new firmware & software though, the Merge on my DR only works on the writepads. Nowhere else

I (and irex I think) still don't understand it. I do hope Thompe & Ross can develop their respective Linux/Macand or java scribble mergers, it would be much easier for me at least.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Isamu
Baby eBookworm
Isamu began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
THANKS! Again, still waiting like a lot of others, but I'm sure they will be useful.
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Alright, the scribble functionality is already much improved in 1.02. And it's the weekend... so it's time for a little update of my goodies.

I added a sheet with narrower lines than the previous one, plus 50-sheet pads of each type and the original PNG images (at the DR1000's exact resolution... wish I could use those, but no standard merging yet)

They can all be found together with the original material in the updated first post of this thread. Enjoy, and don't forget to template them after copying them over!

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 11-21-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
patatan
Enthusiast
patatan is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 3, DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
- In the PC Companion software, apply "Convert to Template" to each one.
Thanks.

But I cannot find the PC Companion software . I found only an updater file in the "SD card content" and a PC companion software for the iliad in the IRex web :

where is the PC Companion software for the DR1000?
patatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man

It's called iRexDR1000.exe and it should be pre-installed on your reader's SD card in the \System\pc_application folder.

I just noticed it is indeed not in the Card Restore zip file, just run the UpdateiRex.exe and it should download it. Once it's done, make sure to create a backup of that.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
patatan
Enthusiast
patatan is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 3, DR1000S
Thank you very much. Now I have the templates working.

Just a curious thing . I only could get the IRexDR1000.exe to work if it was at C:/System/pc_application that was where UpdateiRex.exe left it. If not, the PC said "It is not a valid Win32 application". And the companion software did not recognize the SD card, so I had to copy the WritePads directory to C:, create the metadata.db and then copy it back to the SD card.

Is it so for everyone or I have some problem with my PC?
patatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
No, your PC is fine. The software only works with the defined directory structure. I illustrated this to iRex and they are now aware of it and may sort it out later. The Dr1000s software also assumes files/folders to be in certain areas of it's file structure else interesting things can occur.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr1000s, goodies, pdf, png, writing