Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
pcskibum
Skibum
pcskibum began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Unknown device

When I open Calibre it show a device as being connected even though there is none attached. I can close it and connect my Nook and it works fine. I think it may be seeing my C drive as a device.

Any help would be appreciated.
pcskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskibum View Post
When I open Calibre it show a device as being connected even though there is none attached. I can close it and connect my Nook and it works fine. I think it may be seeing my C drive as a device.

Any help would be appreciated.
Did you ever use connect/share: Connect to folder?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
pcskibum
Skibum

Yes - my wife's Nook.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
pcskibum
Skibum

I do get this message "calibre, version 0.9.32
ERROR: Device already detected: A device (Folder Device) is already detected by calibre. If you wish to debug the detection of another device, first disconnect this device."
How do I get rid of the folder device?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
On the icon bar there should be an icon named device.

Click on the arrow beside it and eject this device
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
pcskibum
Skibum

I did and it came back
Old 05-30-2013, 01:16 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I think it may be seeing my C drive as a device.
You are most likely correct.

Go to Preferences - Tweaks and restore to default the tweak you set to auto connect to a folder on startup. The tweak should look like the below after you restore to default. Don't forget to Apply the change (lower right) after you restore the default and then Apply again top left.

Code:
# Specify a folder calibre should connect to at startup 

auto_connect_to_folder = ''

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-30-2013 at 01:23 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
pcskibum
Skibum

I tried that and it still shows a phantom device

Last edited by pcskibum; 05-30-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I tried that and it still shows a phantom device
did you restart Calibre afterwards?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #10
pcskibum
Skibum

I did
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I did
All I can think of, if you had used Tweak (and IMHO you should Not in this case) to connect to the Nook

is you missed one of the 'Apply' steps.
Tweak has 2:
1) for each line modified (near the bottom) changed
2) to end the tweak session (at the top)
Old 05-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
pcskibum
Skibum

You are absolutely correct. I followed your instructions and that fixed the problem.
Many, many thanks for your help.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
You are absolutely correct. I followed your instructions and that fixed the problem.
I'm glad you got it all sorted out. It's great that theducks was able to state what you needed to do in a way you could hear.

Next time maybe I'll color this section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Don't forget to Apply the change (lower right) after you restore the default and then Apply again top left.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote