Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-18-2024, 08:17 AM   #1
bryan.moore
bryan.moore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
EPUB to PDF Doesn't Meet Latest Kindle Scribe Requirements?

Hello, all, and thanks, in advance, for the help.

Before today, I very regularly converted my epubs into pdfs so I can write on them and highlight passages on my Kindle Scribe; however, when I tried to do so today, Amazon sent me a message that my pdf no longer meets their requirements and I won't be able to use the write-on or highlight tools.

I used the "Send-to-Kindle" via email method and doubled-checked that the issue persists even when using the old-school hardwire method.

Any ideas?

Thanks for everything!
bryan.moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 09:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use a USB transfer rather than amazon's services and you wont have any issues. Amazon are just gradually closing off their devices to third party access one brick at a time and hoping no one notices.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:27 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Old school hardwired method? Does that mean your USB cable?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 03:09 PM   #4
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan.moore View Post
I used the "Send-to-Kindle" via email method and doubled-checked that the issue persists even when using the old-school hardwire method.
Copy over USB has never been compatible with direct write-on with the Scribe, only Send to Kindle.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 05:05 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogm4n View Post
Copy over USB has never been compatible with direct write-on with the Scribe, only Send to Kindle.
PDF via USB only works for annotation with ereaders not a Kindle Scribe that have a pen. Some Kobo, some Pocketbook, some Boox and the reMarkable.

Amazon converts the PDF to a fixed layout KFX. I think someone figured how to do it, but not via Calibre.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote