Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-03-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
The following file was not loaded due to invalid content or not well formed XML

Having problems converting a book using sigil.

"The following file was not loaded due to invalid content or not well formed XML:

/** GB Publishing **/Box Set - xxxxxx - Books 1 to 3/ebook/xxxxxx_14_06_21.html (line 1864: Namespace prefix 'epub' not declared)

Try setting the Clean Source preference to Mend XHTML Source Code on Open and reloading the file.

There's nothing on line 1864 apart from a block of text in <p> tags.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with my footnotes links. However, I coded these exactly as it says to do so on Amazon's guidelines.

Here is an example from the book:

Code:
<sup><a id="S-ch0-1" href="#ch0-1" epub:type="noteref">1</a></sup>
Code:
    <aside id="ch0-1" epub:type="footnote">
        <p><a epub:type="noteref" href="#S-ch0-1">¹</a> ### <a href="https:###">###</a></p>
    </aside>
I have used Amazon's Kindle Publishing Guidelines Preferred method for footnotes

Code:
<p>This footnote example uses the aside element with the epub:type attribute and bi-directional hyperlinks.<sup><a id="source" href="#ft-1-1" epub:type="noteref">1</a></sup></p>
<aside id="ft-1-1" epub:type="footnote">
<p><a epub:type="noteref" href="#source">1.</a> This is the footnote text, which should be placed at the end of the chapter or book.</p>
Also worth noting is I have already converted all of the books in this box set individually using sigil with no problems at all. so I can't work out what the error is.

Any ideas what my next step could be here?

Thank you.
jonesyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:10 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesyb View Post
I'm thinking it might have something to do with my footnotes links. However, I coded these exactly as it says to do so on Amazon's guidelines.
Amazon's sample is incomplete. You need to declare the epub prefix. See the EPUB specification.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2021, 09:13 AM   #3
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Amazon's sample is incomplete. You need to declare the epub prefix. See the EPUB specification.
Awesome thank you!
Old 07-03-2021, 09:30 AM   #4
jonesyb
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
This fixed it. Super easy. Thank you!